Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the New Seqanswers!

Welcome to the new Seqanswers! We'd love your feedback, please post any you have to this topic: New Seqanswers Feedback.
See more
See less

I'm a beginner! Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a beginner! Help?

Hi guys, I'm a beginner I'm trying to understand next gen sequencing. Basically I'm writing a project up in which I extracted DNA/RNA for next generation sequencing. I'm writing at why I would require high molecular weight DNA/RNA in order to construct libraries. I don't really understand what libraries this means? I think it could mean the sheared fragments that are clonally amplified before using NGS on them, but I'm very stuck. Are there any papers you could link me to which would make this sort of thing clearer?

Thanks alot!

Most protocols explain the rationale for using high MW material; that would be a good place to start.

Comment

What would the explanation be? I've not seen a direct reason the protocols suggesting it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by smadbro View Post
        Hi guys, I'm a beginner I'm trying to understand next gen sequencing. Basically I'm writing a project up in which I extracted DNA/RNA for next generation sequencing. I'm writing at why I would require high molecular weight DNA/RNA in order to construct libraries. I don't really understand what libraries this means? I think it could mean the sheared fragments that are clonally amplified before using NGS on them, but I'm very stuck. Are there any papers you could link me to which would make this sort of thing clearer?

Thanks alot!
        For general idea: http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Next_Ge...quencing_(NGS)
        Marco

Comment

Working...
        X