No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yog77
    replied
    After trying a few different dilutions and cycle combinations and checking them on the bioanalyzer. I went with the following:

1uL of the primary PCR product as template for a 5uL secondary/barcoding PCR with only 8 cycles. This worked very well and gave good sequencing results. If you require further details let me know.

Leave a comment:

• ugm6hr
    replied
    Originally posted by yog77 View Post
    Hi has any one got any advice on a two-step PCR amplicon library generation via barcode/adapter addition using a secondary PCR.

I am using the Fluidigm AA system have generated my Primary PCR amplicons 48 samples each with 48 amplocons and now need to attach the barcode/adapter via a secondary PCR. Fluidigm suggest using a 1in100 dilution of the primary PCR and adding the adapters using 15 cycles in a 20uL PCR.

My question is would it not be better to use a less dilute amount of the primary PCR say 1in20 or 1in40 dilution and cut the number of cycles to 12 or 13 and even in half the reaction volume (say 10uL), therefore reducing PCR errors by using fewer additional cycles? I just wondered if these modifications would be beneficial?

Thanks
    This makes perfect sense, but I didn't want to deviate from their published protocols for my experiment.
    If you do use an alternate dilution / number of PCR cycles, I'd be interested to hear the outcome.

Leave a comment:

• yog77
    started a topic Fluidigm PCR amplicon Library prep

Fluidigm PCR amplicon Library prep

Hi has any one got any advice on a two-step PCR amplicon library generation via barcode/adapter addition using a secondary PCR.

I am using the Fluidigm AA system have generated my Primary PCR amplicons 48 samples each with 48 amplocons and now need to attach the barcode/adapter via a secondary PCR. Fluidigm suggest using a 1in100 dilution of the primary PCR and adding the adapters using 15 cycles in a 20uL PCR.

My question is would it not be better to use a less dilute amount of the primary PCR say 1in20 or 1in40 dilution and cut the number of cycles to 12 or 13 and even in half the reaction volume (say 10uL), therefore reducing PCR errors by using fewer additional cycles? I just wondered if these modifications would be beneficial?

Thanks

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses