Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the New Seqanswers!

Welcome to the new Seqanswers! We'd love your feedback, please post any you have to this topic: New Seqanswers Feedback.
See more
See less

python and NGS data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• python and NGS data

Hi all,
    I am wondering how many python packages are available for NGS data analysis.
    As far as I know, HTSeq and Erange are written in python.
    Any others?
    Thanks a lot!

Biopython has support for SFF, FASTQ, FASTA + QUAL - handy for simple manipulation of input data. Also has an ACE parser if you are getting those from your assemblies.

Comment

You may want to check out my blacktie pipeline. It combines all data and commands to automate running the tuxedo protocol: tophat/cufflinks/cummerbund.

http://blacktie.readthedocs.org/en/latest/
      In science, "fact" can only mean "confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional assent." I suppose that apples might start to rise tomorrow, but the possibility does not merit equal time in physics classrooms.
      --Stephen Jay Gould

Comment

Originally posted by crazyhottommy View Post
        some of my collections:
        btw; blacktie is also one of my collections
        Thats great! If you find anything that needs attention or even just want to request a new feature, PLEASE file an issue at https://github.com/xguse/blacktie/issues!

I am eager to improve blacktie but I need user input!

Thanks,

Gus
        In science, "fact" can only mean "confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional assent." I suppose that apples might start to rise tomorrow, but the possibility does not merit equal time in physics classrooms.
        --Stephen Jay Gould

Comment

Hi, maybe you can help me with an installation problem I have with bcbio-nextgen. I want to install it on linux, but I get this error:

-----

Error: Cannot install tabix because conflicting formulae are installed.

htslib: because tabix and bgzip binaries are now part of the HTSlib project

Please `brew unlink htslib` before continuing.

Unlinking removes a formula's symlinks from /home/unmc_cbsb/matt/bin/bcbio. You can
          link the formula again after the install finishes. You can --force this
          install, but the build may fail or cause obscure side-effects in the
          resulting software.

Fatal error: local() encountered an error (return code 1) while executing 'export CC=${CC:-`which gcc`} && export CXX=${CXX:-`which g++`} && export PERL5LIB=/home/unmc_cbsb/matt/bin/bcbio/lib/perl5:${PERL5LIB} && /home/unmc_cbsb/matt/bin/bcbio/bin/brew install --env=inherit tabix'

Aborting.
          Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "bcbio_nextgen_install.py", line 253, in <module>
          main(parser.parse_args(), sys.argv[1:])
          File "bcbio_nextgen_install.py", line 41, in main
          subprocess.check_call([bcbio["bcbio_nextgen.py"], "upgrade"] + _clean_args(sys_argv, args, bcbio))
          File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 505, in check_call
          raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
          subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['/lustre/work/unmc_cbsb/matt/bcbio-nextgen/anaconda/bin/bcbio_nextgen.py', 'upgrade', '--tooldir=/home/unmc_cbsb/matt/bin/bcbio', '--nosudo', '--isolate', '--data']' returned non-zero exit status 1

-----

the command I use at installation is:

python bcbio_nextgen_install.py /lustre/work/unmc_cbsb/matt/bcbio-nextgen --tooldir=/home/unmc_cbsb/matt/bin/bcbio --nosudo --isolate

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

Originally posted by csmatyi View Post
            Hi, maybe you can help me with an installation problem I have with bcbio-nextgen. I want to install it on linux, but I get this error:

-----

Error: Cannot install tabix because conflicting formulae are installed.

htslib: because tabix and bgzip binaries are now part of the HTSlib project

Please `brew unlink htslib` before continuing.

Unlinking removes a formula's symlinks from /home/unmc_cbsb/matt/bin/bcbio. You can
            link the formula again after the install finishes. You can --force this
            install, but the build may fail or cause obscure side-effects in the
            resulting software.

Fatal error: local() encountered an error (return code 1) while executing 'export CC=${CC:-`which gcc`} && export CXX=${CXX:-`which g++`} && export PERL5LIB=/home/unmc_cbsb/matt/bin/bcbio/lib/perl5:${PERL5LIB} && /home/unmc_cbsb/matt/bin/bcbio/bin/brew install --env=inherit tabix'

Aborting.
            Traceback (most recent call last):
            File "bcbio_nextgen_install.py", line 253, in <module>
            main(parser.parse_args(), sys.argv[1:])
            File "bcbio_nextgen_install.py", line 41, in main
            subprocess.check_call([bcbio["bcbio_nextgen.py"], "upgrade"] + _clean_args(sys_argv, args, bcbio))
            File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/subprocess.py", line 505, in check_call
            raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
            subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '['/lustre/work/unmc_cbsb/matt/bcbio-nextgen/anaconda/bin/bcbio_nextgen.py', 'upgrade', '--tooldir=/home/unmc_cbsb/matt/bin/bcbio', '--nosudo', '--isolate', '--data']' returned non-zero exit status 1

-----

the command I use at installation is:

python bcbio_nextgen_install.py /lustre/work/unmc_cbsb/matt/bcbio-nextgen --tooldir=/home/unmc_cbsb/matt/bin/bcbio --nosudo --isolate

Thanks in advance for any help.
            see a post here
            http://bcbio.wordpress.com/2014/03/0...s-with-docker/

Comment

Hi crazyhottommy,

I have no sudo privilege on the server I'm on.
              Basically, how do I install it in a simple way without any special necessary privileges needed?

Comment

Hey Markero, I have a solution for you, you I can refer a website community where you can find all your queries resolved or you can join their python certification training which is high in demand.

Comment

Working...
                X