No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• microRNA normalization

Hi,

Does anyone know the reasonable normalization methods for microRNA data analysis?
    I already trimmed adaptor, mapped these reads to the reference, and counted the number of reads that mapped on the known microRNA seq.

What I have is a list of known mature microRNAs' ID and sequence, and the number of reads mapped to this miRNAs.
    I have 5 samples and want to compare differential expression among them.

How do you normalize the number of mapped reads in order to compare the results from different samples?
    Any RPKM-like methods?

Thanks,

Use Deseq just with the raw counts and make diff.expr
    ------------
    SMART - bioinfo.uni-plovdiv.bg

Comment

Thanks vebaev,
      Do you use Deseq for miRNA expression analysis?
      One of my concern is the number of miRNA I have in my list is small, 300 ~ 800, depending on a category.
      Can I assume that most of miRNA does not change expression levels as we do in mRNA expression analysis?
      I think Deseq is good for gene expression analysis, ie. most of genes in some thousands of transcripts do not show expression changes. But I'm not sure miRNA expression analysis adopt this hypothesis.
      Last edited by kenosaki; 08-29-2011, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses