No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tnabtaf
    replied
    My guess is that Galaxy is not recognizing it as a BAM file (in which case change the datatype), or it is not sorted, in which case try sorting it. I think. :-)

Could also post to galaxy-user list. Subscribe here: http://lists.bx.psu.edu/listinfo/galaxy-user

Leave a comment:

• biznatch
    replied
    The .bam files are up to 10 GB so a bed file would be huge, so would take a long time to upload and only small portions could be displayed at a time (500MB upload limit to UCSC). I could ultimately make a .bigbed file which I assume could be displayed from Galaxy to UCSC as I had no problems with .bigwig files but the idea is to have a relatively quick way to visualize the Tophat output in the UCSC browser.

Leave a comment:

• rebrendi
    replied
    may be transfer .bam to .bed
    (tool available in Galaxy)
    and then display .bed?

Leave a comment:

• biznatch
    started a topic Upload .bam file to Galaxy, display on UCSC

Upload .bam file to Galaxy, display on UCSC

The .bigwig files I make and upload to Galaxy get a "Display on UCSC browser" link. Another person in my lab made .bam files from Tophat using Galaxy and also has the Display on UCSC link. When I make .bam files on my own computer and upload them to Galaxy there's no Display on UCSC link. How can I display .bam files that I make myself (from Tophat) and upload to Galaxy on the UCSC browser? I tried uploading a .bai file as well but that didn't help.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist on Modified Bases...
    Yesterday, 07:01 AM
  • seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
0 responses