Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the New Seqanswers!

Welcome to the new Seqanswers! We'd love your feedback, please post any you have to this topic: New Seqanswers Feedback.
See more
See less

Command line blast with remote option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command line blast with remote option

Hello,
    I am trying to run blastn from my command line with the -remote option, and I get a proxy error as

Error: (311.26) SOCK#1000[6]@130.14.29.110:80: [SOCK::Connect] Failed pending connect(): Closed {error=111,Connection refused}
    Error: (303.7) [URL_Connect] Failed to connect to www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80: Closed
    Error: (311.26) SOCK#2000[6]@130.14.29.110:80: [SOCK::Connect] Failed pending connect(): Closed {error=111,Connection refused}

Any idea how to fix this please?
    Thanks

It is a network problem, so it could go away if you retry at a less busy time. Can you use BLAST from your browser? Is there a proxy in the way? If so, you might need to talk to your network administrator.

Comment

It is a proxy error, I think. I was wondering if there is a proxy option in blastn itself. I can run it from the browser. But I can also run it directly from applications like clcBio. So the configuration can be done - just not sure how to do it for blastn.
      Am getting my network people to look into it also..
      Thanks so much!

Comment

Working...
      X