No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jorgebm
    replied
    Unfortunately, don't. But I think If you've PairEnd data you could safetly remove PCR duplicates. However, I neved did it for SOLiD.

About "base reclaibration" I'm going to try it. I'm waiting for finishing alignment step to try it. I'll let you know then.

By other hand, I'm using BFAST to align to colospace but it is extremely slow. What alignerare you using?

Leave a comment:

• szilva
    replied
    Actually I also have similar doubts (though working with paired data). Do you have any progress or hints on this topic?

Leave a comment:

• Doubts about GATK "raw data processing" step for SOliD exome data

Hello,

I just received SOLiD 75bp fragment (SE) exome data. I haven't previosly worked with SOLiD data and I'm not sure the suitable way to handle them for a further GATK based variant detection. In concrete I have doubts about:

- filtering PCR duplicated

I'm undecided to filter or not them using picard markduplicates. Being SingleEnd data I'm inclined not to do it to avoid lose "true" reads (not duplicates) at expense of generate "dirty" variant calls. What's you opinion?.

- base recalibration

Due to special caracteristics of colorspace read seems to be unnecessary to make base recalibration. I checked "1000 Genomes" paper (http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture09534.html) where based recalibration was avoided for SOLiD data. By other hand, in GATK documentation (http://www.broadinstitute.org/gsa/wi..._recalibration) "PrimerRoundCovariate" covariate is described as "The primer round for this base (only meaningful for SOLiD reads).". I'm confused and do not know if the recalibration of bases is a recommended step for SOLiD.
    Any advice?

I would appreciate your help.

Thank you

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses