Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extracting REF and ALT from VCF

This may be a simple question.

I am trying to extract CHR, POS, REF and ALT and other info from a VCF file to a txt file using vcftools. Can somebody point me how to get REF and ALT? I don't get this information but everything else.

Thanks
    -K.

I think vcf-to-tab does exactly that:
    vcf-to-tab < file.vcf

Comment

Originally posted by id0 View Post
      I think vcf-to-tab does exactly that:
      vcf-to-tab < file.vcf
      Thank you, id0. It works and I get the genotypes. But I don't get other information from the FORMAT fields. I know I can use --extract-FORMAT-info separately and 'paste' these two lists, but I would be more comfortable if I can get the genotypes as well as the format fields information at the same time. Anyway, I thank you for the solution.

Comment

Originally posted by kasthuri View Post
        Thank you, id0. It works and I get the genotypes. But I don't get other information from the FORMAT fields. I know I can use --extract-FORMAT-info separately and 'paste' these two lists, but I would be more comfortable if I can get the genotypes as well as the format fields information at the same time. Anyway, I thank you for the solution.
        Also, I will be just happy with the ALT entries instead of actual variants. Is it possible to get that?

Thanks
        -K.

Comment

vcf's are naturally text files. If yours isn't, it's just compressed, so uncompress it.

Comment

Originally posted by swbarnes2 View Post
            vcf's are naturally text files. If yours isn't, it's just compressed, so uncompress it.
            Thank you swbarnes2. I found VariantsToTable in GATK does exactly what I wanted.

Comment

Working...
            X