No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kumtl
    replied
    Simon, I have another question about tophat.

As you know from my post, I had different outputs because of different number of threads.
    So, I tried to remap reads from unmapped.bam, and I got another hits from them. Of course, I applied exactly same option on tophat command line.

Do you have any idea?

Leave a comment:

• kumtl
    replied
    That's not bad idea. I'll let them know, if this problem happened again.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• simonandrews
    replied
    If this is reproducible then I think it's one to send to the tophat authors.

Leave a comment:

• kumtl
    replied
    simonandrews, thanks for your inquiry

Of course, I know about different order of outputs.
    In my case, the result hits were different. Simply, the read numbers in accepted_hits.bam and unmapped.bam were slightly different. (-p 4 vs -p 16)

I don't know why this problem was happened. I tried the other number of threads (like, 1, 2, and 4) and their results were all same, except 16 (max num of available threads).

--Kumtl

Leave a comment:

• simonandrews
    replied
    When you say you got different outputs do you mean that you got the same hits, but in a different order (which wouldn't be surprising), or that you got different hits (which would)?

Leave a comment:

• Tophat different outputs according to the different number of threads

Hi! All,

I don't know anyone who had the same issue like I had, while using tophat software. I have a server which has 16 cores.

I tried to run tophat with different thread number for one of my sample. Unfortunately I had different outputs. (single-end RNA-seq data)

1. tophat -p 16 --no-coverage-search --solexa-quals --keep-tmp --b2-very-sensitive -G Gene_GTF --no-novel-juncs -o Tophat_out bowtie_index 1st_sample.fastq

2. tophat -p 4 --no-coverage-search --solexa-quals --keep-tmp --b2-very-sensitive -G Gene_GTF --no-novel-juncs -o Tophat_out bowtie_index 1st_sample.fastq

Any idea?
    Thanks in advance...

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
    by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
    02-26-2024, 02:07 PM
  • seqadmin
    Multiomics Techniques Advancing Disease Research
    by seqadmin

New and advanced multiomics tools and technologies have opened new avenues of research and markedly enhanced various disciplines such as disease research and precision medicine1. The practice of merging diverse data from various ‘omes increasingly provides a more holistic understanding of biological systems. As Maddison Masaeli, Co-Founder and CEO at Deepcell, aptly noted, “You can't explain biology in its complex form with one modality.”

A major leap in the field has
    02-08-2024, 06:33 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:12 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 02-23-2024, 04:11 PM