X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dpryan
    replied
    Originally posted by Giles View Post
    with repeats, there is no way around bias. Its just choosing which bias is the closest to the truth. anyway, how can you N-mask within bowtie?
    True, I just wanted to ensure that you'd thought through that

You can't do that within bowtie, but you can make a bed file of the regions to be masked and then use "bedtools maskfasta".

Leave a comment:

• Giles
    replied
    with repeats, there is no way around bias. Its just choosing which bias is the closest to the truth. anyway, how can you N-mask within bowtie?

Leave a comment:

• dpryan
    replied
    Nope. You could simply N-mask those regions, but that will likely lead to biased mapping.

Leave a comment:

• Giles
    started a topic masking specific regions during mapping

masking specific regions during mapping

Is there a way to provide Bowtie2 (or BWA) with a file containing specific regions of the genome to ignore during mapping? I can't find such a command line argument in the manual, but I've missed such things before.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Multiomics Techniques Advancing Disease Research
    by seqadmin

New and advanced multiomics tools and technologies have opened new avenues of research and markedly enhanced various disciplines such as disease research and precision medicine1. The practice of merging diverse data from various ‘omes increasingly provides a more holistic understanding of biological systems. As Maddison Masaeli, Co-Founder and CEO at Deepcell, aptly noted, “You can't explain biology in its complex form with one modality.”

A major leap in the field has
    02-08-2024, 06:33 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 02-23-2024, 04:11 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 02-21-2024, 08:52 AM