No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GenomicSeq
    replied
    hub_taxa I think that ddRAD sequencing can be a good approach for identifying markers that can differentiate phenotypically distinct lines of insects. But your choice of restriction enzymes or enzyme combinations depends on several factors, including the genome size of your target insect species and the desired level of genomic coverage. You'll need to think about the distribution and frequency of restriction sites within the genome. Using multiple enzymes or enzyme combinations can increase the genomic coverage and the number of markers obtained. I recommend testing different enzyme combinations on a subset of samples to determine the optimal combination for your specific study.

And your platform choice I would say depends on the depth and throughput you want. Ideally I would say something like a HiSeq or NovaSeq, but you can still get a lot done with a MiSeq if needed. ​

Leave a comment:

• hub_taxa
    started a topic ddRAD sequencing for marker discovery

ddRAD sequencing for marker discovery

Hello everyone,

Seeking suggestion on GBS sequencing. I would like to know what should be the study design for carrying out ddRAD based sequencing of phenotypically distinct lines of insects (say body colour or markings/pattern). The objective is to come up with markers which can distinctively genotype one line from another or molecular barcoding.

1. If ddRAD can help me achieve what I am thinking ?
    2. How many enzymes or enzyme combinations will be optimum
    3. Which platform will be ideal for this job ?

Sorry if I am being naive here with the question.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Multiomics Techniques Advancing Disease Research
    by seqadmin

New and advanced multiomics tools and technologies have opened new avenues of research and markedly enhanced various disciplines such as disease research and precision medicine1. The practice of merging diverse data from various ‘omes increasingly provides a more holistic understanding of biological systems. As Maddison Masaeli, Co-Founder and CEO at Deepcell, aptly noted, “You can't explain biology in its complex form with one modality.”

A major leap in the field has
    02-08-2024, 06:33 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 02-21-2024, 08:52 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 02-20-2024, 08:57 AM