Unconfigured Ad

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jake13
    Member
    • Aug 2013
    • 23

    #1

    cuffdiff dispersion cutting off low values

    I've been running cuffdiff on some paired end rna seq samples with biological replicates. Before I started analyzing them I checked the dispersion plots using cummeRbund. For some reason it is forming a sharp cutoff which looks different from the examples on the websites. I have tried mapping both with tophat2.0.9 and STAR aligner and got identical results.

    I have been using cuffdiff with the default options except for -b and using the genes.gtf file provided by the Illumina iGenomes download. Does anyone have ideas on what might be going wrong?
    Thanks
    Attached Files
  • jake13
    Member
    • Aug 2013
    • 23

    #2
    An update for anyone else running into this problem. It seems to be caused by the gtf file that I was using. I tried grabbing the refseq gtf file from the UCSC table browser as well as the genes.gtf fill that's included in the Illumina iGenomes package. I ran identical reads with identical settings through tophat/cuffdiff except for using these two different gtf files. The UCSC one is on the left and looks correct, the iGenomes one is on the right and has the weird cutoff. I have no idea why this is occurring. Does anyone have any thoughts?
    Attached Files

    Comment

    • blouro
      Junior Member
      • Sep 2008
      • 4

      #3
      Up with this topic, because I'm getting similar problem. Used the Tophat and tuxedo tools pipeline, and now looking at the dispersion plots I'm getting a strange profile in two aspects, the values are way off the expected range, and the dispersion profile seem way zoomed out due to few lower values. Please see attached plot and give me your opinion, it will be much appreciated!

      P.s For the cuffdiff analysis I used the merged gtf file created in the cuffmerge step.
      Attached Files

      Comment

      Latest Articles

      Collapse

      • SEQadmin2
        New Genomics Technologies Take Aim at Long-Standing Limits
        by SEQadmin2


        Researchers using sequencing and genomics tools often have to make trade-offs. They can choose between speed or scale, short reads or long-range information, or targeted panels or a view of the whole transcriptome. New technologies that have been released this year are built to address those tough choices.

        We asked six companies the same four questions to learn about their latest products. The new technologies bring a lot to the table, including rethinking sequencing
        ...
        09-28-2026, 10:25 AM
      • SEQadmin2
        How Immunogenomics Decodes Immunity’s Genetic Blueprint
        by SEQadmin2




        The immune system’s power comes from its genetic diversity, allowing myriad threats to be neutralized through first recognizing foreign antigens. That diversity is also what makes the immune system so difficult to study. Recent advances in sequencing technology and computational biology, however, are giving researchers new tools to understand immune responses and immune-related diseases in greater detail.

        This convergence of genetics, immunology, and computation...
        09-01-2026, 05:41 AM

      ad_right_rmr

      Collapse

      News

      Collapse

      Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by SEQadmin2, Yesterday, 09:51 AM
      0 responses
      11 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-25-2026, 09:06 AM
      0 responses
      34 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-23-2026, 11:05 AM
      0 responses
      28 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post SEQadmin2  
      Started by SEQadmin2, 09-18-2026, 11:37 AM
      1 response
      48 views
      0 reactions
      Last Post pekgio
      by pekgio
       
      Working...