X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vogelw
    replied
    Appears to be fixed now, see
    Burrow-Wheeler Aligner for short-read alignment (see minimap2 for long-read alignment) - lh3/bwa

I'll wait for a new release rather pull this from the development site.

Leave a comment:

• vogelw
    replied
    The man page bwa.1 has been updated for v 0.7.6 and it still has an 'aln' command. The c-code appears to still be there so this appears to be an oversight. I'm reverting th 0.7.5a rather than rewrite my workflows.

Leave a comment:

• frymor
    replied
    damn,

I guess I missed it.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• dpryan
    replied
    It's not just you, it seems that that most recent version is missing aln (as well as samse and sampe). I don't see mention of this in either the NEWS file or the mailing list, but presumably this was done on purpose since the commands were removed from main.c (it looks like the source for them is there, you just can't get to them).

@GenoMax: I guess I hadn't read that quote to mean that they were actually removed, though I guess that that must be the reason.

Leave a comment:

• GenoMax
    replied
    From Heng Li in the "NEWS" file of the new bwa release:

There are no changes to BWA-backtrack in this release. However, it has a few
    known issues yet to be fixed. If you prefer BWA-track, It is still advised to
    use bwa-0.6.x.

While I developed BWA-MEM, I also found a few issues with BWA-SW. It is now
    possible to improve BWA-SW with the lessons learned from BWA-MEM. However, as
    BWA-MEM is usually better, I will not improve BWA-SW until I find applications
    where BWA-SW may excel.
    If you want to stay with the 0.7.x series then 0.7.5 should have "aln" available.
    Last edited by GenoMax; 02-12-2014, 02:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• frymor
    started a topic bwa - unrecognized command 'aln'

bwa - unrecognized command 'aln'

Hi,

I try to run bwa with se reads, but it seems that bew can't find the aln option.
    This is my bwa version:

Code:
    USER:~/software/bwa$ which bwa
    /usr/local/bin/bwa

USER:bwa
    Program: bwa (alignment via Burrows-Wheeler transformation)
    Version: 0.7.6a-r433

Usage:   bwa <command> [options]

Command: index         index sequences in the FASTA format
             mem           BWA-MEM algorithm
             fastmap       identify super-maximal exact matches

fa2pac        convert FASTA to PAC format
             pac2bwt       generate BWT from PAC
             pac2bwtgen    alternative algorithm for generating BWT
             bwtupdate     update .bwt to the new format
             bwt2sa        generate SA from BWT and Occ

Note: To use BWA, you need to first index the genome with `bwa index'.
          There are three alignment algorithms in BWA: `mem', `bwasw', and
          `aln/samse/sampe'. If you are not sure which to use, try `bwa mem'
          first. Please `man ./bwa.1' for the manual.
    There doesn't seems to be any aln option any more.
    But in compiling bwa there was 'aln'

Code:
    USER:~/software/bwa-0.7.6a$ make
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  utils.c -o utils.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  kthread.c -o kthread.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  kstring.c -o kstring.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  ksw.c -o ksw.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  bwt.c -o bwt.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  bntseq.c -o bntseq.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  bwa.c -o bwa.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  bwamem.c -o bwamem.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  bwamem_pair.c -o bwamem_pair.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  malloc_wrap.c -o malloc_wrap.o
    ar -csru libbwa.a utils.o kthread.o kstring.o ksw.o bwt.o bntseq.o bwa.o bwamem.o bwamem_pair.o malloc_wrap.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  QSufSort.c -o QSufSort.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  bwt_gen.c -o bwt_gen.o
    bwt_gen.c: In function ‘BWTIncBuildRelativeRank’:
    bwt_gen.c:878:10: warning: variable ‘oldInverseSa0RelativeRank’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
    bwt_gen.c: In function ‘BWTIncMergeBwt’:
    bwt_gen.c:952:15: warning: variable ‘bitsInWordMinusBitPerChar’ set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  bwase.c -o bwase.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  bwaseqio.c -o bwaseqio.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  bwtgap.c -o bwtgap.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  bwtaln.c -o bwtaln.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  bamlite.c -o bamlite.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  is.c -o is.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  bwtindex.c -o bwtindex.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  bwape.c -o bwape.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  kopen.c -o kopen.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  pemerge.c -o pemerge.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  bwtsw2_core.c -o bwtsw2_core.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  bwtsw2_main.c -o bwtsw2_main.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  bwtsw2_aux.c -o bwtsw2_aux.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  bwt_lite.c -o bwt_lite.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  bwtsw2_chain.c -o bwtsw2_chain.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  fastmap.c -o fastmap.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  bwtsw2_pair.c -o bwtsw2_pair.o
    gcc -c -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS  main.c -o main.o
    gcc -g -Wall -O2 -DHAVE_PTHREAD -DUSE_MALLOC_WRAPPERS QSufSort.o bwt_gen.o bwase.o bwaseqio.o bwtgap.o bwtaln.o bamlite.o is.o bwtindex.o bwape.o kopen.o pemerge.o bwtsw2_core.o bwtsw2_main.o bwtsw2_aux.o bwt_lite.o bwtsw2_chain.o fastmap.o bwtsw2_pair.o main.o -o bwa -L. -lbwa -lm -lz -lpthread
    The command I try to run is this one:
    Code:
    bwa aln genome/bwa/Bsub168.fasta NG6444_1_S_1.fastq > bwa_head_aln.sai
    when I change aln to mem it runs perfectly, but as my reads are only 20bp long, I think I need the aln/samse option.

any ideas?

Assa

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses