Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annoying wigToBigWig err

There's more than one value for chr1 base 4757310 (in coordinates that start with 1).

Checked the file and there are no duplicates. Has anyone gotten this error when converting from wig to bigWig before? Thanks.

John

*I'm using the wigToBigWig' conversion script, btw.

Comment

How did you generate the wig file?

Comment

Originally posted by JohnK View Post
        There's more than one value for chr1 base 4757310 (in coordinates that start with 1).

Checked the file and there are no duplicates. Has anyone gotten this error when converting from wig to bigWig before? Thanks.

John
        I've faced the same issue with bedgraph files from FindPeaks 4. There are no easy solutions for this, you will probably need to write a check script that takes one of the values for that base position.
        You may also try mergeBed from BEDTools to collapse overlapping regions into one, assuming your input is in bedgraph format and not wiggle.
        d

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Doktor View Post
          How did you generate the wig file?
          I got rid of the error I was receiving, but only after I separated each feature by the span length. I'm not sure why, but I've been playing the parameters for both variableStep and fixedStep, but I just can't get the data to stack the way I want to. Here's my current setup:

variableStep chrom=chr1 span=35
          3001306 900
          3002506 900
          3002760 900
          3012331 900
          3012756 900
          3014312 900
          3015572 900

Getting this to work the way I want to is becoming a very tedious process.

I'm using that in combination with this when I upload the custom track:

track type=bigWig name="test" description="test" visibility=full autoScale=off maxHeightPixels=10:25:70 viewLimits=0:2 color=255,0,0 smoothingWindow=off graphType=bar

Comment

There's more than one value for chr1 base 4710 (in coordinates that start with 1)??

Can anyone explain what this actually means? What is the problem with the file?

I've had this error trying to use wigToBigWig to convert a genome wide fixedStep wig file to bigWig format. When I load the chr1 wig file to the UCSC browser separately, the track displays just fine, and looking through the chr1 data, I can't see any problems around base 4710. The track only starts at chr1:10001... I've tried changing around my density script, but I've no idea what the problem is, and therefore no idea how to fix it.

And I can't find any wigToBigWig documentation that explains the meaning of the error!!

Any advice would be very very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance...

Comment

Hello,
              I am facing the same problem when converting my wig file to bw and getting :
              There's more than one value for chr1 base 876726 (in coordinates that start with 1).

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
              • seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
              0 responses