Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the New Seqanswers!

Welcome to the new Seqanswers! We'd love your feedback, please post any you have to this topic: New Seqanswers Feedback.
See more
See less

plotDEXSeq reorder x-axis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plotDEXSeq reorder x-axis

Hi,

I'm using plotDEXSeq to visualize the results of a DEXSeq (v1.10.8) analysis: plotDEXSeq( dxr, gene).

However, the exons listed in the x-axis show up by increasing order of padj, e.g. E025 E020 E010 E005 E006 E017 etc, being E025 the exon with the lowest padj. How can I re-order the x-axis so that the exons are listed in order, by their positions?

Thank you!

Hi Neytiri,

This sounds like a bug in the plotting function. Did you by chance modified the order of the results table? Could you send me a reproducible example to generate the plot that you mentioned as well as the output of your sessionInfo()?

Alejandro

Comment

Hi Alejandro,

Thanks for your reply. After reading your post I understood the issue!

When I do:
      > dxr = DEXSeqResults( dxd )
      > plotDEXSeq(dxr, gene)
      then the exons in the plot are ordered by their positions, i.e E001 E002 E003 etc.

When I do:
      > dxr = DEXSeqResults( dxd )
      > dxr = dxr[order(dxr$padj),]
      > plotDEXSeq(dxr, gene)
      then the exons in the plot are ordered by increasing order of padj, e.g. E025 E020 E010 E005 E006 etc.

My issue is now solved. Anyway, I think it would be nicer if reordering the object DEXSeqResults did not affect the order of the exons in the plot.

Thanks again for your attention!

Comment

My issue is now solved. Anyway, I think it would be nicer if reordering the object DEXSeqResults did not affect the order of the exons in the plot.
        I think I agree with you and I will fix this issue! Thanks for noticing it!

Alejandro

Comment

Working...
        X