Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pathway analysis recommendations?

Hello! I just started an internship with a bioinformatics group that is currently looking into clinical applications of next generation sequencing technology. One of the projects we’re working on is to sequence someone’s genome and find genes that enable susceptibility to certain diseases, such as cancer. I was wondering if you guys have a recommendation for pathway analysis software. Also, if any of you understand the mechanics of pathway analysis could you please explain to me how it works, or at least direct me to some helpful links? Thanks.

Hi Pesto,
    I hope this will help you out a bit and it's not too late. I'm learning on this too. Just an overview on how it works

Just realized about the question, sorry for the mistake, u can try looking at this website for PathVisio

Dowload available at http://www.pathvisio.org/wiki/PathVisioDownload
    Last edited by HuiXin; 05-02-2011, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Hi Pesto,

you might have a look at Genostar, i think they have pathway analysis software. You can download a trial at their website;
      This website is for sale! genostar.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, genostar.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Boetsie

Comment

One of the fastest most accurate pathway analysis solutions is Ingenuity iReport. Upload your NGS: RNA-Seq Cuff-Diff files at http://www.ingenuity.com/getireport/ and get a free preview of your iReport including pathways, processes, interactions, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by bkmacy View Post
          One of the fastest most accurate pathway analysis solutions is Ingenuity iReport. Upload your NGS: RNA-Seq Cuff-Diff files at http://www.ingenuity.com/getireport/ and get a free preview of your iReport including pathways, processes, interactions, etc.
          You have only made two posts on SEQanswers and both advertise this report. Please refrain from advertising on the board via posts or your posts might get flagged in the future.

Comment

Ingenuity looks like a great product for RNAseq pathway analysis but does any similar open course (free) program exist which provides similar analysis results?

Thanks.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
            0 responses