No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nilshomer
    replied
    It may be the pairing-rescue is taking a long time. Try disabling that feature with the "-U" flag. It most likely will not affect the results too much.

Leave a comment:

• genome_anawk1
    started a topic bfast jobs for analyzing AB's SOLiD data

bfast jobs for analyzing AB's SOLiD data

Hello bfast experts,

I have split the output of AB SOLiD reads into different "reads.j.fastq" files for a speedy parallel processing. Each fastq file ~ 100MB.

I would really like your help now to resolve an ambiguity in analysis time of the independent bfast jobs. This analysis refers to PART-B of my pervious post.

Some jobs have converged with final outputs (called *.sam files) in < 5hrs (one of them as little as 1.5 hrs).

Some jobs seem to be "progressing" much slowly - walltime is nearing 24hrs and its stuck in "bfast postprocess" step. Steps "bfast match" and "bfast localalign" have completed. The output *.sam file size is indeed incrementing slowly. I am concerned about the 5-20 fold diversity in the time duration for results to converge. The jobs are all running on single cores ( I have no choice there - it a matter of principle) - housed at central facility hosting hundreds of uniform cores. So there is uniformity of hardware on the compute nodes.

Is the diversity in computation a cause of concern indicating a poor reads library preparation or is this the norm .. sometimes results converge after many more iterations than they would otherwise ! It could be stochastic .. Can one implement a flag in bfast postprocess that can speed up computation - AND also use the color space information. I prefer not to compromise on the accuracy of aligning the reads ..

Hope you can please help,
    Thanks very much,
    a bfast analyzer.
    Last edited by genome_anawk1; 05-20-2011, 11:03 AM.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    A Brief Overview and Common Challenges in Single-cell Sequencing Analysis
    by seqadmin

​​​​​​The introduction of single-cell sequencing has advanced the ability to study cell-to-cell heterogeneity. Its use has improved our understanding of somatic mutations1, cell lineages2, cellular diversity and regulation3, and development in multicellular organisms4. Single-cell sequencing encompasses hundreds of techniques with different approaches to studying the genomes, transcriptomes, epigenomes, and other omics of individual cells. The analysis of single-cell sequencing data i...

01-24-2023, 01:19 PM
  • seqadmin
    Introduction to Single-Cell Sequencing
    by seqadmin
    Single-cell sequencing is a technique used to investigate the genome, transcriptome, epigenome, and other omics of individual cells using high-throughput sequencing. This technology has provided many scientific breakthroughs and continues to be applied across many fields, including microbiology, oncology, immunology, neurobiology, precision medicine, and stem cell research.

The advancement of single-cell sequencing began in 2009 when Tang et al. investigated the single-cell transcriptomes
    01-09-2023, 03:10 PM
  • seqadmin
    AVITI from Element Biosciences: Latest Sequencing Technologies—Part 6
    by seqadmin
    Element Biosciences made its sequencing market debut this year when it released AVITI, its first sequencer. The AVITI System uses avidity sequencing, a novel sequencing chemistry that delivers higher quality data, decreases cycle times, and requires lower reagent concentrations. This new instrument reportedly features lower operating and start-up costs while maintaining quality sequencing.

Read type and length
    AVITI is a short-read benchtop sequencer that also offers an innovative...
    12-29-2022, 10:44 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse
Working...
X