X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seqmaster
    replied
    hi, congratulations, this is a great initiative and great work so far.

I have found a bug tho, so... here you go:

on the map, we can see for the Max Planck Institute in Berlin 12 sequencers however, on the statistics page the institute is not mentioned in the top 10 (it should be on place nr. 10)

Maybe you can update the statistics page using the map info?

Hope i helped, laterz

Leave a comment:

• nickloman
    replied
    Thanks for the updates. I think I've killed the duplicate entries you mentioned via the backend admin.

Are you sure the Geschwind lab is duplicated, I can only see that once.

I tend to moderate all the updates and pick up the duplicates before they are added to the site and delete them, but I do occasionally miss them as the updates have been coming thick and fast recently ...

Leave a comment:

• krobison
    replied
    Apologies, in my zeal to try to add centers to the U.S. sequencing capital* I seem to have cloned both the DFCI Heliscope and the Children's Hospital Boston SOLiD

I think I have the Heliscope down to one instance, but fixing the Children's mistake will require eliminating a center -- does that happen automatically if you knock its sequencer count to 0?

Another case of this: Geschwind lab out in CA seems to be duplicated. Michael Smith in Vancouver appears to have two tags, but with different sequencer numbers.

* -- :-)

Leave a comment:

• ECO
    replied
    Just added the link to the front page of this site...and redirected http://map.seqanswers.com there as well. Great effort.

Leave a comment:

• steven
    replied
    Awesome, thanks a lot Nick! and thanks to the contributors!

Leave a comment:

• nickloman
    replied
    Hi guys

James will be posting in a new thread I think but just to say the map site has been updated with the following refinements:
    * there is now a statistics page at http://pathogenomics.bham.ac.uk/hts/stats
    * clusters now represent machine numbers rather than number of facilities, label shows number of machines when zoomed in
    * dynamic list of centre on the right
    * ability to zoom in to centre
    * bit prettier

Go now! http://pathogenomics.bham.ac.uk/hts

I've also blogged a short summary at http://pathogenomics.bham.ac.uk/blog...for-2nd-place/

Cheers

Nick

Leave a comment:

• megwelch
    replied
    Hussman Institute for Human Genomics

Dear James,
    Miami Institute for Human Genomics has been renamed, John P. Hussman Institute for Human Genomics. We have 2 GAIIx and 2 SOLiD3.

Thanks!
    Meg Welch

Leave a comment:

• VanessaS
    replied
    All updated!

Leave a comment:

• nickloman
    replied
    Hi Vanessa - feel free to update the map! It's a community resource so relies on the users to keep it current.

Leave a comment:

• VanessaS
    replied
    UT Southwestern in Dallas has a SOLiD 3+ and an Illumina. Baylor in Dallas has a SOLiD, I believe.

Leave a comment:

• nickloman
    replied
    Originally posted by lcollado View Post
    Hello,

I just added a few mexican sites -- sadly most don't have webpages in English. Anyhow, I was at a loss as to how to edit one entry, so if you get stuck like me, take these steps:
    Greetings,
    Leo
    Thanks Leo for posting this. I'm in the process of making a few changes to the map site to hopefully make it more intuitive to edit/add centres.

Leave a comment:

• nickloman
    replied
    Originally posted by SPQR View Post
    James - fantastic work, very very useful. What's the status on the league tables?
    I've got them working and hope to put them live in the next few days.

I'll post again when they are ready.

Leave a comment:

• lcollado
    replied
    Hello,

I just added a few mexican sites -- sadly most don't have webpages in English. Anyhow, I was at a loss as to how to edit one entry, so if you get stuck like me, take these steps:

Open the map
    Click on the "Browse" tab
    Click on the name of the sequencing centre
    Click on the "update this centre's details" link
    Edit all you want For the map location just drag and drop it ^^
    Click on "submit changes"

Greetings,
    Leo

Leave a comment:

• SPQR
    replied
    League Tables?

Originally posted by james hadfield View Post
    And of course, for those interested in the question of which platform is
    in the lead, we will be putting league tables up shortly. But we wanted
    to give the community some time to help get the map as accurate as
    possible. Look out for the tables next week.
    James - fantastic work, very very useful. What's the status on the league tables?

Leave a comment:

• cgb
    replied
    Love the map

But by my calculation it is only catching about 15% of all the installations. How do we get the rest to sign up ?

Leave a comment:

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
  • seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
0 responses