• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I updated and modified the list

Many thanks for all the input!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nilshomer View Post
      I am in favor of adding them by request (by users or vendors). It looks like there are a lot of companies/technologies and it would get cluttered quickly if a forum existed for each one before there are users/vendors who would post to the site.
      I agree. Thats a good balance to avoid clutter, and at the same time remain open for the new ones..
      --
      bioinfosm

Comment

What about querying the database to see the number threads per technology. If > X we create a forum.

Opening them by user/vendor request sounds fine to me too.
        -drd

Comment

Good suggestions all. I'll keep an eye out for too much discussion about any single vendor overwhelming this forum, or for new instrument releases. Thanks.

Comment

Congratulations to Strob for this very useful list and for the working links. This is very helpful and informative, good work!
            Bertrand Jordan
            Marseille-Nice Genopole
            Luminy Science Park
            13288 Marseille, FRANCE

Comment

A nice list!

Are there any information about whether each company provides commercial sequencing services?

Comment

Look at this thread for service providers http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthr...p?t=948&page=4

Comment

here is a nice evolving GDocs spreadsheet if you did not know.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...XaUhQTHc&hl=en

Comment

I hate to duplicate other's efforts
                    but Albert's nice work on the spreadsheet is a little too large to use for a presentation.
                    and I can't verify some of the numbers. and it gets confusing when SOLiD uses 'mappable' data output and Illumina doesn't mention anything.
                    So I have done one on my own

I have posted my version here

based on what's on the Big 3 's website and their specs.

Do drop a comment if i got anything wrong.
                    http://kevin-gattaca.blogspot.com/

Comment

another player (nanopore sequencing) (Kavli Institute of Nanoscience, The Netherlands)

Graphene Nanopores Solve DNA Sequencing Problem
                      http://www.technologyreview.com/blog/arxiv/25252/

The paper
                      http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1005/1005.4754.pdf

Comment

This thread is about extant sequencing providers; the graphene nanopores are an interesting research effort but have yet to collect actual sequence data.

Comment

QuantuMDx (www.quantumdx.com) - Nanowire sequencing.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                            A Brief Overview and Common Challenges in Single-cell Sequencing Analysis
                            by seqadmin

​​​​​​The introduction of single-cell sequencing has advanced the ability to study cell-to-cell heterogeneity. Its use has improved our understanding of somatic mutations1, cell lineages2, cellular diversity and regulation3, and development in multicellular organisms4. Single-cell sequencing encompasses hundreds of techniques with different approaches to studying the genomes, transcriptomes, epigenomes, and other omics of individual cells. The analysis of single-cell sequencing data i...

01-24-2023, 01:19 PM
                          • seqadmin
                            Introduction to Single-Cell Sequencing
                            by seqadmin
                            Single-cell sequencing is a technique used to investigate the genome, transcriptome, epigenome, and other omics of individual cells using high-throughput sequencing. This technology has provided many scientific breakthroughs and continues to be applied across many fields, including microbiology, oncology, immunology, neurobiology, precision medicine, and stem cell research.

The advancement of single-cell sequencing began in 2009 when Tang et al. investigated the single-cell transcriptomes
                            01-09-2023, 03:10 PM
                          • seqadmin
                            AVITI from Element Biosciences: Latest Sequencing Technologies—Part 6
                            by seqadmin
                            Element Biosciences made its sequencing market debut this year when it released AVITI, its first sequencer. The AVITI System uses avidity sequencing, a novel sequencing chemistry that delivers higher quality data, decreases cycle times, and requires lower reagent concentrations. This new instrument reportedly features lower operating and start-up costs while maintaining quality sequencing.

Read type and length
                            AVITI is a short-read benchtop sequencer that also offers an innovative...
                            12-29-2022, 10:44 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X