Clear All

• archana87
    replied
    Thanks.

It would be a great help.

Leave a comment:

• Strandlife
    replied
    Follow us at blog.strand-ngs.com to know what's new in Strand NGS, upcoming webinars, case studies and many more.

Leave a comment:

• Genohub
    replied
    A good place to start are the NGS guides on Genohub:

Designing Your Sequencing Runs
    Sequencing Coverage Guide
    NGS Library Preparation Kit Guide
    NGS Instrument Guide

Originally posted by Sharanya Manoharan View Post
    Hi friends,

I am new to NGS, I am very eager to know how to work with genome sequencing, any one could tell where i could develop my knowlege.. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Sharanya Manoharan
    replied
    Hi all

Hi friends,

I am new to NGS, I am very eager to know how to work with genome sequencing, any one could tell where i could develop my knowlege.. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• AllSeq
    replied
    AllSeq - The Sequencing Marketplace

Just adding AllSeq’s blog here:
    http://allseq.com/blog

We cover the sequencing market, giving our neutral opinion to help our readers cut through some of the marketing spin.

Leave a comment:

• Bioo Scientific
    replied
    Bioo Scientific's Blog, What's Next in NGS

Here is a link to Bioo Scientific's blog, What's Next in NGS:
    http://blog.bioongs.com/home/blog/

- Bioo Scientific

Leave a comment:

• Genohub
    replied
    Adding Genohub's Blog: http://blog.genohub.com/

- Genohub

Leave a comment:

• flxlex
    replied
    Originally posted by 2007lab View Post

Lex Nederbragt's blog on NGS.
    Please make that flxlexblog.wordpress.com (the 'contig' one is more a manual about the newbler software). Thanks anyway!

Lex

Leave a comment:

• 2007lab
    replied
    In light of recent events, I think I would propose to add the following
    Reviews and commentary on computational biology by Lior Pachter

(Bits of DNA where Lior Pachtor eats Bioinformaticians for breakfast, the tone and tenor are harsh, but I am learning a few things.. reallly just very few things, as most of it is still mathematics). Wish there was another blog that explained Lior's blog.

Anthropology and Evolution heavy blog, but also something more including a deep bias on GWAS(?)

Lex Nederbragt's blog on NGS.

Frederick Gross' ascerbic bioinformatics and other blog.
    This one in particular made me search for antacids this morning.

Leave a comment:

• damiankao
    replied
    I started a blog recently:
    blog.nextgenetics.net

I've written some entries on GO analysis and data visualization using javascript. I am not a veteran of the field, just a phd student. Hopefully I'll be able to explain stuff in a more accessible way.

Leave a comment:

• DaleYuzuki
    replied
    I just started a blog called 'Next Generation Technologist' that will cover NGS from a slightly different angle, that is from one of the major vendors in the life science research tools market (i.e. Life Technologies).

It is a personal blog, so there will be my 'take' on things, as well as productivity / travel / cool stuff kinds of posts as well. Do feel free to come by and take a look around, and share your comments / feedback!

It has been an adventure already, figuring out how Wordpress worked, finding an appropriate theme and plugins, and then figuring out how to use my existing webhost to cooperate. (I.e., no 'one-click installation' available for me.)

Cheers -
    Dale

Leave a comment:

• gavin.oliver
    replied
    Thanks Dan! I look forward to discussing things further.

Leave a comment:

• DanFrost
    replied
    Gavin - I just looked at your blog and I like the angle.

Also - good chatting with you this morning

Leave a comment:

• gavin.oliver
    replied
    A lot of great blogs on this list.

I made it a resolution for 2012 to start a sequencing-related blog. Have a look. (Constructive) criticism is welcome

Bioinformatician and first time blogger's thoughts on next generation sequencing technologies, analyses, applications and future directions.

Leave a comment:

• papori
    replied
    Thanks scbaker!!

Leave a comment:

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
  • seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses