Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• caseinspection
    replied
    Is there a resource you would suggest for computer scientists who want to learn more about genetics and bioinformatics? flagle

Leave a comment:

• alfredopacino
    replied
    thanks!

is there something you would recommend specifically tailored as an introduction to genomics/bioinformatics for computer scientists?

Leave a comment:

• DanoGeorge
    replied
    Also, check the new edition of "Introduction of Bioinformatics" by Arthur M. Lesk

Leave a comment:

• DanoGeorge
    replied
    Hello,

I started with "Bioinformatics: a Beginners guide" and "Bioinformatics for dummies" by Cedric Notredame and Jean Micheal Claverie.
    Then I downloaded some lecture notes of the Graduate Summer School on Bioinformatics >> "Basics of Bioinformatics" by Rui Jiang, Michael Q. Zhang and Xuegong Zhang. I used it for my research - to do my summer homework for my course at the Institute for Biogenomics Diversity.
    Last edited by DanoGeorge; 10-14-2021, 10:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• alfredopacino
    replied
    isn't that a question every single one of you could answer?
    should I "narrow" the context?

Leave a comment:

• alfredopacino
    started a topic Looking for books or online courses

Looking for books or online courses

Hello, I'm a software engineer that works in the genomics field. I build software for researchers/clinicians that, in very short, ease the interpretation of the variants.
    I would like to expand my knowledge in general about genomics, computational biology, and bioinformatics, which is very little.
    In this context is there a "bible" book (or books) well known to be useful as a starter, clear, and well written, but also basic enough for non-biologists (and mostly up-to-date on techniques)?
    Also some online courses you would recommend (paid or free)?

Thanks
Working...
X