Looking for books or online courses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for books or online courses

Hello, I'm a software engineer that works in the genomics field. I build software for researchers/clinicians that, in very short, ease the interpretation of the variants.
    I would like to expand my knowledge in general about genomics, computational biology, and bioinformatics, which is very little.
    In this context is there a "bible" book (or books) well known to be useful as a starter, clear, and well written, but also basic enough for non-biologists (and mostly up-to-date on techniques)?
    Also some online courses you would recommend (paid or free)?

Thanks

isn't that a question every single one of you could answer?
    should I "narrow" the context?

Comment

Hello,

I started with "Bioinformatics: a Beginners guide" and "Bioinformatics for dummies" by Cedric Notredame and Jean Micheal Claverie.
      Then I downloaded some lecture notes of the Graduate Summer School on Bioinformatics >> "Basics of Bioinformatics" by Rui Jiang, Michael Q. Zhang and Xuegong Zhang. I used it for my research - to do my summer homework for my course at the Institute for Biogenomics Diversity.
      Last edited by DanoGeorge; 10-14-2021, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Also, check the new edition of "Introduction of Bioinformatics" by Arthur M. Lesk

Comment

thanks!

is there something you would recommend specifically tailored as an introduction to genomics/bioinformatics for computer scientists?

Comment

Is there a resource you would suggest for computer scientists who want to learn more about genetics and bioinformatics? flagle

Comment

Thus, the primary purpose of considering context is to understand the author's proper meaning and intent. Relying on individual passages without proper attention to their context can lead to misunderstanding and misinterpretation.

Comment

Working...
              X