X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tymek666
    replied
    Hi,
    I'm Kuba Sawicki, botanist from Poland. I'm considering buying first small NGS machine to out lab.
    Best,
    KS

Leave a comment:

• dkaznadzey
    replied
    Hello everyone.
    I am Denis Kaznadzey, computational biologist. I spent past two years at NCBI developing software algorithms and tool for Next Gen sequencing data mapping, particularly mapping of Complete Genomics data. Before that I worked in genome annotation, sequence and transcriptomic - based metabolic modeling, regulatory networks prediction and automated literature mining. I have led / participated in development of ERGO genome annotation suite (by Integrated Genomics), QSimScan ultra-fast similarity search tool(s) and SciDM high-performance database engine (by SciDM), metabolic reconstruction pipeline at Encyclopedia Genomica and other projects. I am interested (and experienced) mostly in sequence comparison algorithms, methods of comparative genomics and in metabolic / regulatory networks modeling.

Leave a comment:

• detrout
    replied
    Hi, I'm Diane Trout, I work in the Wold Lab at Caltech maintaining our computer cluster, writing software, trying to keep our data organized, and periodically submitting it.

Leave a comment:

• jefferys
    replied
    New member: Stuart R. Jefferys

Hello. I just joined this site and am following the advice to introduce myself.

I have a PhD in genetics with additional education or experience in math, physics, mass spectrometry, environmental toxicology, proteomics, programming, and bioinformatics.

I just started working with the cancer genome atlas (TCGA) group at the University of North Carolina (UNC), developing and extending the SeqWare based RNA-seq and related analysis pipelines. We are producing and analyzing terabytes of RNA sequence data -- deep-sequencing and analysis for a couple of thousand cancer/tumor samples.

Leave a comment:

• filippos
    replied
    Hello everyone

Hi everyone,
    my name is Filippos and I am a biologist working on chromatin regulators at Tufts, Boston. I am really new to all this and I am really happy that a blog like that exists and that people are willing to help newbies like myself.
    Thank you all for the contribution

Leave a comment:

• sdantoft
    replied
    Hi All,
    Im very new to sequencing, though I have often followed postings on seqanswers - probably shouldve joined earlier. I have a non-bioinformatics background, and have plenty of stupid questions! Im currently examining bacterial transcriptomes using Illumina. I have a microbiology/foodscience/molecular background and am presently working in a company in Denmark.

Leave a comment:

• tonio100680
    replied
    Hello,
    I am a biologist who has turned into a bioinformatics engineer. I'll start working on a GAIIx Illumina in a French region ...
    I have little contact and I hope through this forum to get help!

Leave a comment:

• bbsinfo
    replied
    Hello, my name is Amy. I am very new here. I just started to read something about 2nd generation sequencing. I might need it in the future. Looks like there are a lot to learn. Hope you guys dont mind if I ask some stupid questions.

Leave a comment:

• Ed Hollox
    replied
    Hello all

Well, it looks like we may be splashing out on an IonTorrent

I'm a PI at the Genetics Department in the University of Leicester, interested in copy number evolution and relevance to disease. Am also involved with a whole-exome sequencing project, but we've shipped out the samples to Source Bioscience for thier HiSeq to churn through.
    > Research group pages
    > http://tinyurl.com/hollox
    >
    > Departmental staff page
    > http://www2.le.ac.uk/departments/genetics/people/hollox

Leave a comment:

• bsuac6
    replied
    Hi all,

I am a post-doc working on SOLiD RNA-seq data at the university of Liverpool. I am a biologist by trade so no doubt i will be asking lots of questions about use of programs for analysis.

Leave a comment:

• Kalbur
    replied
    Hello. I'm from Oregon in the USA, working as a graduate student towards a Ph.D. in microbiology. I'm interested primarily in bacterial genome sequencing and RNAseq via GAIIx, but may also get involved with 454-based amplicon sequencing for environmental surveying. I'm mostly interested in the informatics side of things (programs, workflows, analyses), but would also like for my library preps to go more smoothly.

Leave a comment:

• seqTB
    replied
    Hello,
    I'm from Canada, but working as a post-doc in MA. We're trying to use Illumina to look at genes important for bacterial survival inside the host. I have a lot of questions, but this seems like the perfect place to find some answers.

Leave a comment:

• daniellaw
    replied
    Hi,
    I'm Daniella and I work at the UMass Medical School core facility. We have two GAIIs, two HiSeqs, and a SOLiD4. The HiSeqs are pretty new for us, and if anyone has tried read lengths beyond 100, I'd like to hear how the runs turned out and how the error profiles looked.

Leave a comment:

• Chuckytah
    replied
    Hello,

i'm Inês and I'm a master deegre Bioinformatics student. I'm now starting a project that involves the analysis of 454/roche data from ESTs from Quercus suber roots. My main task is to separate the sequences, e.g., plant ones, fungi ones, and other kind of sequences... i will clear up them. Someone have done some similar work? could you give me a hand?

thanks

Leave a comment:

• eduformi
    replied
    Introducing

Hi all,

My name is Eduardo, a brazilian bioinformatics researcher.

Background: Agronomist Engineer (1998 ESALQ/USP), Master degree in Sciences (2003 CENA/USP), and Ph.D in Biochemistry (2006 UNICAMP). I am working with genomic bioinformatics since 2000. After Ph.D, I worked at Canavialis SA/Monsanto, and now at Embrapa Agroenergy (www.cnpae.embrapa.br).

After some time with markers, I'm back to general genomics analysis, in an "auto-update" time : )

Best regards,

Edu : )
    Eduardo F. Formighieri
    (More info in my Curriculum Lattes: http://lattes.cnpq.br/7715215673568526 )

Leave a comment:

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
0 responses