This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wassup to all!

happy new year gang!...to paraphrase the incomparable john lennon "lets hope it's a good one!"

I'm working in amsterdam as systems biologist in immunology and infection...i'll be trying to introduce the next gen seq techs especially the RNA seq (i believe the roche454 will be used; however i need to double check)...i'd first like to construct a library of pathogen (like strepto, staphylo, etc.) genome sequences for future reference...can anybody point me to the right direction? thanx in advance!

cheers and success to all!

Comment

• Hi,

I'm a programmer working on whole chromosome visualizations across species. I'm here because I need some help understanding some of the surprises (for me, anyway) that I keep finding in the data.
      Regards,

JJ

Comment

• Hello

Hi,
        I am a recent ms statistics grad. I am now a programmer working on RNA-seq at the ICNN at UCLA. I have found SEQanswers very useful. Thanks!

Comment

• Hi from Mathew

Hi I am from Australia and getting into sequencing. Excited to be here it is very well organized forum
          BEst

Comment

• Hi

Hi everybody,

My name is Sayka Barry I am working at QMUL in London and planning to use next generation sequencing.

Comment

• Hi everybody.

I'm a student of the undergraduate program of genomic sciences in México. I'm starting working in the novo assembly and analisis of solexa reads data.

Greetings!
              Fernando

Comment

• Hello!!

Hello!

I am a student in San Francisco currently trying to align Illumina reads to transposable element reference sequences. Nice to meet you all!

Jay

Comment

• Hi,
                  My name is Avidya.I used to work on sample preparation of DNA sequencing for Illumina GA2 or HiSeq,and now I am interesting in the next-gen seq data analysis.Hope to help each other.
                  Avidya

Comment

• Hello,
                    My name is Sérgio, I am currently doing a PostDoc at Embrapa in Brazil, working with Illumina and 454.
                    Cheers

Comment

• Greetings!

I am a postdoc working in germany and have just approached the next-gen sequencing technologies. I am performing ChIP-Seq studies by Illumina-Solexa.

I am glad this forum is up.

Cheers.

Comment

• Hi, everyone,
                        I am a graduate student from Fudan University in China. One of my teachers recommended the Seqanswers forum. I found it every helpful for my starting to learn next generation sequence analysis.

Best!

Margaret

Comment

• wellcome,Margaret

Originally posted by margarettbry View Post
                          Hi, everyone,
                          I am a graduate student from Fudan University in China. One of my teachers recommended the Seqanswers forum. I found it every helpful for my starting to learn next generation sequence analysis.

Best!

Margaret

Comment

• Hello everyone,

I'm Khai from Malaysia. I'm doing research on WGS on colorectal cancer. I need help from you guys, how can i get the list of cancer genome that has been sequenced. I have a few papers but just wonder i might miss others. So if you know the full list of sequenced cancer genome, it would be appreciated to share it with me..

Thanks in advance

Comment

• Hello there,

Glad to be part of the community.

I am currently runing GNS core service in our SIgN (Singapore Immunology Networking - don't be misled, it is not a virtual organization, it is a immunology research institute with the size of 160 people) within Biomedical Science Institute, A*STAR, Singapore. I am helping the sicentists in immunology field to answer their biological questions using NGS technology. The facility is relatively new, it has only been up runing actively for less than a year.

Before relocating to Singapore, I was working for Illumina NGS product developing on sample prep kits (mRNA-seq, small RNA-seq......). Would be glad to help if someone out there have problem making libraries :-) as feeding the sequencer a good quality of library is essential.

Hope to learn more from your experience.

Best regards,

Wen

Comment

• Hi,

I am a biotechnologist who now works as bioinformatician/researcher. I am Polish, but I live in Wageningen, Netherlands.

Greetings to everyone,
                                A.S.C.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses