This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all,
    I'm a PhD student working on predicting and modeling alternative splicing, identifying DEGs and differentially alternatively spliced genes.

Comment

• hi

Hi, I am from southern California and do work on genomic and messenger RNA. Nice to see a forum where I can ask questions.

Comment

• Introduction

Hello everyone I am a research fellow and new to this field. My current project needs knowledge about ChIP and RIP analysis. Apart from that can anyone give a perfect explanation on Cistrome and a protocol for carrying out these ChIP and RIP assays. Any suggestions would be a great help for me. Thank you

Comment

• NextGen for undergrads

Hi All.
          I am an undergraduate educator and part of a new network that is trying to include NextGen sequencing into undergraduate research and the core curriculum. Organizing this network has been supported by a grant from NSF (NSF Award # DBI-1061893 ) . The network has recently become part of the Genome Consortium for Active Teaching (GCAT) and are known as GCAT-SEEK ( http://lycofs01.lycoming.edu/~newman/gcat-seek/ ).

We are looking for sequencing organizations who might be interested in partnering with groups of undergraduate colleges throughout the U.S. to facilitate getting raw NextGen sequence to support undergraduate research and education. The goal is to include novel next-generation DNA sequence analysis in ongoing undergraduate research, so that these research activities can be incorporated into core courses within the undergraduate life sciences curriculum. While there is plenty of unanalyzed sequences available in multiple databases, there is also an abundance of evidence if the education literature (e.g. http://jmbe.asm.org/index.php/jmbe/a...view/133/pdf_9) that if the teacher and the students do not share a sense of ownership in the data and the research question then laboratory and classroom exercises based on that data move from being exciting opened-inquiry to busy work. Our goal is to excite the next generation of researchers (currently undergraduates) using NextGen sequencing and all of its ”cool” applications.

If any sequence facility is interested in this type of outreach, please let me know.
          Mike Boyle

Comment

• Hello from an long-time NGS fan

I've been working on software and the analysis of NGS sequencing data since before the first 454 sequencer came out, but I'm sorry to say I'd never registered at SEQanswers before!

Thanks Eric for running such a great site for the community, and I'm happy to help contribute to the forums.

Jon Sorenson

(ex software lead AB SOLiD, ex bioinformatics lead PacBio RS, current genome analyst @ Locus Development)

Comment

• Hi,
              My name is Kacper. I'm work in Poland at National Research Institute of Animal Production and have just started working with the HiSeq from Illumina.
              Regards,
              Kacper

Comment

• Hi every body my name is charles, this is my very first time and i am learning how to map shot reads of RNASEQ from Illunima. i hope to get help from you good guys. cheers

Comment

• Hello everyone!

My name is Angela and I just started working as a Molecular Biologist at the National Institutes of Health. My lab is trying to use next generation sequencing technologies (Illumina GAIIx and maybe Ion Torrent in the future) for a genetic research study of eye genes. While I already have some experience with library preparation and sequencing, I'm realizing that I'm only scratching the surface.

I'm sure I'll have tons of questions and I hope to be able to help others with the knowledge I gain in the future.

~Angela

Comment

• Hi there!!!

I'd just like to say to the forum. I'm really excited to start absorbing from the collective source of knowledge!!!

-Kieran

Comment

• Hi

Hi:

Looking for help with deep sequence analysis on the Macintosh and found some helpful pointers here already. Thanks and hopefully I will be able to contribute some help as well.

Cheers

Comment

• Hello

I am a postdoc balancing the pros and cons between Illumina and 454 RNA-seq methods. I am so glad SEQanswers exists to support questions, and will probably be asking some questions soon

Comment

• Hey community!

I'm a PhD student in Germany and am now starting to try NGS analysis as our University just installed its first Illiumina HiSeq2000 and had its first run recently. I'm not a Bioinformation by training but hope to get helpful insight in this community.
                          So far, I played with bowtie, Seqmonk and FastQC, which is imho a good introduction to NGS data analysis because they are rather easy to handle.

In particular, I'm working on histone modifications and the corresponding enzymes in neuronal tissue in health an disease. So I'll deal with ChIP-seq and RNA-seq at present and in the near future.

Thanks in advance for answering beginners questions!

Comment

• Hi all,

I am a graduate who has this year made the move out of the lab and into an office cubicle to work in bioinformatics. I have dabbled in bovine rumen metagenomics (using 454 and illumina) and now have a job assembling fungal endophyte genomes (using illumina HiSeq2000). I am really enjoying my foray into bioinformatics and this forum has been such a great resource. Thanks for creating such a supportive and vibrant online community!

Cheers,
                            Sophie

Comment

• Hello all,

I'm a recent graduate and a new research technician working at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Our lab does lots of pyrosequencing using our GS Junior to genotype non-human primate MHC genes. Additionally we're moving into whole genome analysis, which will become a big part of my job, using Illumina data. My background is primarily in bacteriology, but have always had an interest in bioinformatics and have been gradually learning the ropes. This website is a great resource and I'm sure this will not be my last post.

Thanks,
                              Gabriel

Comment

• Hello everyone!....my name is Isabel, I am doing a PhD in Molecular Genetics in Barcelona, Spain. I am working with maize actually in ChIP-Seq of a TF and I am glad to be in this community

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                                  04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                                0 responses