X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ngseq21
    replied
    Hey now,
    Working in Maine and hoping to use the new sequencing (yep, old school Sanger sequencer!) to do some community work! I know I have a lot to learn so thanks for the opportunity to learn from the users!!
    Regards!

Leave a comment:

• wencanh
    replied
    Hi

Hi, everyone. My name is Jasmine. I am major in biostatistics and I am new in this new area.
    I have a lot of questions ahout the NGS data analysis, especially genotype calling and variation calling. But I don't have any idea at where I start analysing my data. could someone help me with introductionary documents?

Leave a comment:

• sevarc
    replied
    Hi all,

I'm Séverine, from Switzerland. We have just install IonTorrent. I have to develop some project with this technologie, and hope that I'll find help on the forum.

Leave a comment:

• mangeshdudhe
    replied
    Hi to all,

I am new to this community and beginner in the field of NGS, currently I am working with the in silico mining of the EST-SSR markers for crop improvement. I am interested and ready to work with ion Ion torrent NSG system.

Leave a comment:

• Mocca
    replied
    Hi all

I'm a PhD student working in Oslo, Norway. Just signed up here yesterday and all ready I've had lots of help from this forum. At the moment I'm working on Illumina RNAseq data. Looking forward to exchange ideas, tips and tricks with you all!

Cheers,
    Monica

Leave a comment:

• fede.maro
    replied
    Hi everybody
    Federico here, PhD student in Mainz (Germany) at the Institute of Molecular Biology.

Quickly, my focus in bioinformatics: ChIP-seq and RNA-seq analysis, currently collaborating in setting up a pipeline for the lab.
    Curiously eager to learn in this field, I am sure I will enjoy this community!

Leave a comment:

• lraleigh
    replied
    Hello all,

I'm exploring NGS options for analysing structural alterations. In general, I'm interested in how to go from DNA sample to data I can understand.

This looks like a good place to start reading, though it's way more complicated a site than any I've used before.

Leave a comment:

• bradshej
    replied
    New to SeqAnswers, and I could use some help

Hello All:
    I am a user in the Carribean area (San Juan, PR). I am currently preparing to transition a project from lots of microarray data to ChIP-Seq, and planning to use Illumina MiSeq for that. I have a lot of microarray data that supports a model of gene function, and ChIP-seq should help to sort out some of those features.
    This brings up an issue that has been troubling for some time. It may be more relevant to a microarray users group (and so kindly please redirect me, if necessary). The crux of the problem is annotation; I work on zebrafish, and the microarrays were designed with the ZV7 (current June 2007) version of the genome. There is a group of perhaps 20-40% of the genome that is either poorly annotated, or not at all annotated. The issue is that over the years, many of the genes have been identified, but I'm 'stuck' with the version of the annotations that were current at the time of the release.
    My desire is to find and employ any tools that might help to make the annotations somewhat more complete. Does anyone out there have any suggestions?

Much appreciated,

Leave a comment:

• enkia
    replied
    Hello, everyone

I am new to deep sequencing with a background in molecular biology. I have very little computer programming experience.

I am working on a couple of projects that will use NGS technology. The first one I am currently immersed in is a virus discovery project from insect samples. I am currently using Velvet for de novo assembly from 100bp paired end data on that project.

The second project is a re-sequencing of plant virus genome from samples stored in herbaria - specifically looking at viral evolution questions. Does anyone have suggestions on software or experimental design advice?

Nikki

Leave a comment:

• Stephie
    replied
    Hi Everybody. I'm Steph and I'm from South Africa and I work on apples. I'm a complete newb and will be embarking on the strange world of both RNA-Seq and miRNA-Seq.

Leave a comment:

• Desiree Wilson
    replied
    Hello everyone! How are you all doing?

My name is Desiree Wilson. I am a first year graduate student at University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio. I need to learn how to analyze NGS data and so I am learning R and Rsamtools. I am very grateful for the opportunity to learn so much from you all. I hope that I can be of service in return. ^_^ <3

Leave a comment:

• Ramyak
    replied
    Hello everyone!
    I am a graduate student from New York University. I work on Estrogen receptors and I am new to this field. I think this community is great as we can exchange ideas and help each other out !

Leave a comment:

• Chuckytah
    replied
    Originally posted by eulbra View Post
    Do you need transcriptoe or only DGE? I think it is cheap if you out sourcing your project with basic analysis and then you can do your own analysis by your self. That will help you to improv yourself. You can ask for raw data for your own analyis.

It is a transcritpomic analysis but i need DGE too.

Leave a comment:

• eulbra
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuckytah View Post
    Welcome! I'm working with NGS too but for my thesis... i need help for differential gene expression... i'm new to this.
    Do you need transcriptoe or only DGE? I think it is cheap if you out sourcing your project with basic analysis and then you can do your own analysis by your self. That will help you to improv yourself. You can ask for raw data for your own analyis.

Leave a comment:

• Chuckytah
    replied
    Originally posted by eulbra View Post
    Hi, I used work for NGS project directoe in a private company and now I am learning more about analysis in here, thanks everybody.
    Welcome! I'm working with NGS too but for my thesis... i need help for differential gene expression... i'm new to this.

Leave a comment:

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
  • seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
0 responses