X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ruysan
    replied
    Hi! my name is Ruy, I am a postdoc in Braunschweig recently involved in NGS analysis, mainly Illumina. I have to deal with bacterial populations, genome de novo assembly and transcriptomics. This forum has already been of use to me, so I'm glad to participate

Leave a comment:

• Mahtab
    replied
    Hi everyone,

I have made a few posts here before but hadn't got a chance to say hello. I'm a master student in University of Melbourne, Australia and an intern in VLSCI working on assembly of short reads. Nice to meet you all!
    Last edited by Mahtab; 01-10-2012, 05:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

• MapleLeaf
    replied
    Hello All.
    I'm a product manager for a 'biotech tools' company here in the Bay area. I'm pretty new to the area of NGS (and old enough that I actuallly worked with slab gel sequencing during my Ph.D). I'm here to learn...

Leave a comment:

• pankajsvats
    replied
    can any one help me how to run stampy with bwa as i am new to NGS

Leave a comment:

• pankajsvats
    replied
    Hi,

I am a Associate analyst,I will be doing digital transcriptomics (gene expression and mutation studies) using Illumina Hiseq

cheers

Pankaj

Leave a comment:

• kannaniri
    replied
    Hi everibody,
    My name is Arun and I am a biologist and bioinformatician. I'm currently working in the Research division in Xcelris Genomics, India.
    We are mainly dealing with NGS analysis, but we've done other projects also.

I think it would be great to have a place for new people to stop in and introduce themselves. I am sure that I am gonna enjoy this ;-).

Leave a comment:

• grimmer
    replied
    I'm a UC Davis PhD student in Peggy Farnham's lab transplanted mid-stream to USC. We're an ENCODE lab investigating cancer epigenomics through ChIP-seq and RNA-seq.

I'm our de-facto bioinformatic pipeline admin and am ecstatic to FINALLY have a fast, new Ubuntu machine running samtools, bowtie, tophat, cufflinks, homer, etc. thanks to this forum. While the process almost drove me insane, YOU GUYS ARE HEROES.

I'll try to contribute what I can in the future. Once I recover from this, I'll try to brave a Galaxy installation with Python 2.7 and report back. Thanks.
    Last edited by grimmer; 01-05-2012, 01:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• visserm
    replied
    Hi everyone,
    I am a PhD student from South Africa, and are a newbie working on small RNA profiling.
    Marike

Leave a comment:

• melis
    replied
    Hi folks,
    I am a PhD student from Amsterdam, almost finishing (I hope).
    Happy new year to you all!
    Melis

Leave a comment:

• jeev
    replied
    How is everyone doing? Hello from Malaysia. Doing NGS analysis.

Leave a comment:

• garethmorgan
    replied
    Hello

Hi, it's nice to be here.
    I'm a biophysicist attempting to learn how to do RNA-seq, so this kind of thing is fairly new to me, but I seem to be getting along reasonably well so far.
    I'm a postdoc at the Scripps Research Institute in San Diego, currently analysing my first sequencing dataset.
    There's a bit about me at http://www.garethmorgan.net/ or I'm @wittyremarkhere on the twitterz.
    Thanks for the forum, it's really useful so far.
    Gareth

Leave a comment:

• jflowers
    replied
    Hello all,

My name is Jonathan Flowers, I'm a postdoc at the Center for Genomics and Systems Biology, New York University. We're working with Illumina and Solid data and currently swimming in short reads [a good thing]. Looking forward to interacting with everyone.

Jonathan

Leave a comment:

• gruberjd
    replied
    Hi everyone-- I'm a postdoc at the University of Michigan, we're beginning to sequence the genomes of yeasts that have been mutagenized and as a result show changes in gene expression. Step 1, optimize library preps. I'm still in step 1, luckily we have a very helpful sequencing core here... --jonathan

Leave a comment:

• Nico55
    replied
    Also New

Hi, Plant Molecular Research Scientist in the Yakima, Washington Area. Fresh out the frying pan into the fire, I just completed a NextGen based thesis and now I’m in the industry. Every day I try to keep up with this rapidly changing technology. I mainly deal with Hop Genetics, NextGen Sequencing, Bioinformatics Programming, Plant Breeding, and Field research.

Leave a comment:

• ralphklein
    replied
    Hello SEQanswer community

My name is Ralph and I just started my diploma thesis in Bioinformatics at the medical microbiology of the University Giessen in Germany.
    I have a little LIMS background and my plan is to establish a system which fulfils all needs of the lab people. We have an instance of LabCollector for keeping track of our strains, cells and primers. In addition to that I have a LabKey Server instance running on a small Ubuntu box for sample retrieval an wiki/electronic lab notebook stuff.
    In addition to that a Galaxy shall be up and running soon for NGS data off of Illumina and Ion Torrent. And, not to forget, streamlining the progress and combining/interfacing those three systems.
    So, judging after reading a few of the threads here, I'm going to stick around here for a while, because there's a lot of work to do...

Leave a comment:

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
  • seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
0 responses