This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

I'm the director of the new Massively Parallel Sequencing Shared Resource (MPSSR) at Oregon Health and Science University. We have an Illumina GAIIx and we provide services for all OHSU researchers and to researchers off campus as well. We cover the entire "food chain" - library preparation, sequencing, and initial alignment - and we try to provide some direction on data analysis as well. Prior to this I operated an in-house spotted microarray facility for 10 years and have been directing our Illumina Microarray Core for the last three years. Before getting involved in microarrays I worked on viral genomics - back when generating 600,000 bases for a project was considered a big deal.

I'm looking forward to learning from this community - it seems to be an excellent venue for tips for both bench techniques and bioinformatics issues for next-gen sequencing.

Bob

Comment

Hallo everyone,

This is Xia from China, work in the Netherlands at this moment. I am a beginner in NGS.

Comment

hello everyone,
        First post here,I work in a sequencing company,sample preparation for Solexa is my major task,I still have much to learn.
        Hoping share experience with all of you
        Cheers,
        Lenard

Comment

Brian Ward Intro

Hi, I'm new to Next Gen and am working with service providers so far.

Comment

Hi,
            I'm a mathematician who's been working as a bioinformatician for a few years. Currently I'm an independent contractor based out of small town in Minnesota and I'm involved in a ChIP-SEQ project and an RNA-SEQ project. Nice to meet you all.

-Peter

Comment

Hello All

Hi,
              I am Sameet. I am currently working as a post-doc fellow at the National Centre for Cell Science, Pune, India. We now have a inhouse next-gen sequencing facility with a SOLiD v3 (soon to be upgraded to v3.5). I am involved with the the process from the stage of sample preparation through analysis. I came to know about this forum recently, and after going through a couple of posts, i am glad that I found it and a bit sorry that i couldnt find it earlier.

regards
              Sameet Mehta (Ph.D.),
              Visiting Fellow,
              National Cancer Insitute,
              Bethesda,
              US.

Comment

I'm working in cambridge on 454, ga2 and solid.

Comment

Hello

Hi,

I'm Kevin at the Burke Medical Research Institute in New York. I'm working with Illumina RNA-Seq reads and trying out Galaxy and different trial versions of commercially available software (CLC, Partek, Genome Quest, NextGENe). And not being a bioinformatics guy, I'm learning this stuff on the fly. Happy to be here.

Kevin

Comment

Hello!!! all members

Today I've enrolled in this community.
                    And excited to helping each other.
                    Currently, I'm trying to set up our polonator genome analyzer.
                    I hope many researchers have interests on a Polonator.

Comment

• Hi all

I'm a biologist and bioinformatician and I've just started my postdoc in NGS data analysis. Before, I did my PhD working on classical sequence analysis in the field of epigenetics, hence my user name.
                      Now I will be dealing with SOLiD data - having absolutely no previous experience in NGS! The other bioinformaticians in my group - who also only recently started to work on Illumina sequences - recommended this forum as the most helpful source of information. I will try to absorb all I can learn here and probably ask newbie questions. I hope to become an expert so that one day I can return support.

Cheers,

Barbara

Comment

• New member from St. Louis

Hello all,

I've been working in bioinformatics for a few years but am new to next gen sequencing. I've been drafted to help a group make sense of an RNA seq project done in a non-model rodent organism (no reference genome) using Illumina technology. I'm looking for any advice and techniques for how to work with and view the data.

I'll also be working with RNAseq data from a fungal genome later this summer, but at least that genome has a reference sequence!

Regards,
                        Maureen

Comment

• G'day all,

Just joined today and am an absolute beginner in NGS and bioinformatics. Our lab is interested in the genomics and transcriptomics (amongst other things) of parasites of veterinary and human health importance. We're based at the University of Melbourne, Australia.

I look forward to reading posts to help me with the transcriptomic analysis that I'm beginning with.

Best wishes to all for your work.

Bron.

Comment

• Hi,
                            I am Jacques van der Hofstede. I started working for ServiceXS.com in Leiden, the Netherlands last week as a scientific software engineer.
                            I am happy to have found this website!

Comment

• Hi, I'm Zach. I'm fresh out of MIT undergrad, working at Harvard and the Broad Institute; in the Fall I start as a grad student at Stanford. I do a very large amount of viral sequencing (known and unknown viruses) on the Illumina platform. My primary focus is tech development for pathogen-independent sequencing, including library prep methods and bioinformatic analysis methods.

Comment

• Hello - RNA-seq and differential expression

Hi all

I'm new to this forum, so here's my introduction. I'm a research technician in the Bioinformatics Division at the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute in Melbourne,
                                Australia. I play a large part in managing and developing the Bioconductor package 'edgeR' for analysing differential expression in RNA-seq and other experiments based on next-gen sequencing. Really happy to discuss RNA-seq and DE analysis with anyone.

Cheers
                                Davis

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses