Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fluidigm Access Array

Anyone have any experience with Access Array from Fluidigm. Claims to be able to pool 48 amplicons from 48 samples at $7 a sample. It comes in the form of a microfluidic chip and a bit of hardware?

http://www.fluidigm.com/applications/access.html

Anyone know pricing? I've enquired.

The complete system lists for $79K in the US and the $7 pricing is based on the cost of the chip plus reagents amortized over 48 samples.

Comment

Ooh, quite expensive then ..

Comment

Depends what you are looking for, if you plan on doing targeted re-sequencing for lots of samples then its a good deal since the savings in library prep and sequencing will pay for the system rather quickly.

Comment

Sure, I was just hoping it would be more like $20k!

UK pricing came through: £50k for the hardware, £230 per chip.

Comment

And I hoped our sequencer would be more like $70K

Comment

hey,

can we use the fluidigm access array for sequencing in platforms other than illumina

Comment

Yes, it is compatible with all major platforms 454; Illumina HiSeq, and MiSeq; and Ion Torrent PGM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  A Brief Overview and Common Challenges in Single-cell Sequencing Analysis
                  by seqadmin

​​​​​​The introduction of single-cell sequencing has advanced the ability to study cell-to-cell heterogeneity. Its use has improved our understanding of somatic mutations1, cell lineages2, cellular diversity and regulation3, and development in multicellular organisms4. Single-cell sequencing encompasses hundreds of techniques with different approaches to studying the genomes, transcriptomes, epigenomes, and other omics of individual cells. The analysis of single-cell sequencing data i...

01-24-2023, 01:19 PM
                • seqadmin
                  Introduction to Single-Cell Sequencing
                  by seqadmin
                  Single-cell sequencing is a technique used to investigate the genome, transcriptome, epigenome, and other omics of individual cells using high-throughput sequencing. This technology has provided many scientific breakthroughs and continues to be applied across many fields, including microbiology, oncology, immunology, neurobiology, precision medicine, and stem cell research.

The advancement of single-cell sequencing began in 2009 when Tang et al. investigated the single-cell transcriptomes
                  01-09-2023, 03:10 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse
                Working...
                X