Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This horse deader than dead when ILMN's lawyer team destroyed the community college kid who worked for free this week...

Comment

@ singlemoleculer
      Thanks for your advices. I checked my sequences but I am not sure about some points:

What does very rich of A's and T's mean? Do you have a percentage? The same with the low number of G's.
      Of course I find CTAG's but where is the limit?

I also find many sequences with long stretches of polyA's polyT's? Is this also an indicator for bad sequencing?

Comment

The standard Helicos filtering software gets rid of these artifacts automatically. If you don't have access to the software, you can do manual filtering. Very rich in AT means A+T>90%. These are usually caused by problems in sample preparation. Any such sequences should be discarded unless you are working with a very AT-rich set of sequences like Plasmodium in which case you have to adjust the cutoff. For CTAG, you should look at the dimer frequencies. If CT+TA+AG+GC>70%, you should also discard. These sequences are usually caused when 2 DNAs are too close on the flow cell and the signals overlap. The filtering software actually has a more complex algorithm but this is good enough for most purposes.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
          I did use the Helipshere software for the analyis so the artifacts should be removed automatically. But I will check the nucleotide distribution of my unaligned sequences allos manually.

Comment

Working...
          X