No announcement yet.

Сollapse of Helicos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helicos also had a 50 lane set up, and finding enough samples to fill that much capacity is daunting. That and there's only so much you can do with ~20 base reads (again, the application problem).

I agree with MJC that it's way to early to rule out PacBio.

Comment

Officially bankrupt and dead. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Elcannibal View Post
        Officially bankrupt and dead. RIP.
        Note that it is a Chapter 11 bankruptcy & they claim to be debtors-in-possession, so a total liquidation is not (yet) in the works.

Comment

http://www.genengnews.com/gen-news-h...r-11/81247649/

Comment

FYI, Helicos BioSciences' assets and rights were purchased by SeqLL, LLC not too long ago. I know that SeqLL is currently offering RNA and DNA sequencing services. Here's their website with the rest of the details www.seqll.com

Comment

I think it's wrong to count out PacBio, especially as a technology.

The phasing info alone that can potentially be gained using a PacBio is worth quite a bit.

There is also the potential for direct observation of modified nucleotides using the kinetics data,

something that I'm interested to see pan out.

I would not be surprised to see many larger genome centers pick up a PacBio device for the sole purpose of providing scaffolding data to work hand-in-hand with their short read data.
              Ornament Central

Comment

Thanks for sharing this amazing post.
                Quality Roofing Services

Comment

Where to get the abortion pill?

Comment

Very informative and trustworthy blog. Please keep updating with great posts like this one. Goku Bomber Jacket

Comment

Working...
                    X