Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the New Seqanswers!

Welcome to the new Seqanswers! We'd love your feedback, please post any you have to this topic: New Seqanswers Feedback.
See more
See less

Tagmentase Adapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tagmentase Adapters

I have a general question about the tagmentase reaction. Has anyone experimented with using single-adapter tagmentase complexes in pairs? For e.g. instead of charging the transposon with an "A" and "B" primer set, making an independent set of Tn5's charged only with primer A and an independent set charged with primer B: then mixing equal amts of the two for the tagmentase reaction? The original shendure paper uses mixed pairs but interestingly the figures provided by illumina show independent complexes as I describe above.

Also, during the tagmentase reaction, how do you select against two primer A's being adjacent to each other? The enrichment PCR seems like it would amplify both A and B pairs that are adjacent as well as A and A pairs unless the nicking is directional. Thanks in advance for any tips and sorry if this is a novice question, couldn't find specific info within the forums.

to my knowledge, if A and B were added to the same fragment, it will not be amplified or amplified with low efficiency due to the formation of pot shape (suppression PCR).

Comment

Working...
    X