No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNATECH
    replied
    Yes, an average of 340 million clusters passing filter per lane.

Originally posted by pmiguel View Post
    You mean 340 million pass-filter clusters per lane?

--
    Phillip

Leave a comment:

• pmiguel
    replied
    What final concentration was the phiX library that you clustered? I mean after neutralization?

I mean is there no danger of overclustering anymore? That was what I was hoping for when I heard about the patterned flowcells...

--
    Phillip

Leave a comment:

• pmiguel
    replied
    Originally posted by DNATECH View Post
    Hello,

in case you are interested, we have posted some results from our first HiSeq 3000 runs as well as some information and considerations on the changes introduced by the new HiSeq 3000 and Hiseq 4000 sequencer generation. The yields on the first two runs were higher than expected at about 340 million reads per lane.
    You mean 340 million pass-filter clusters per lane?

--
    Phillip

Leave a comment:

• GenoMax
    replied
    @DNATECH: Based on this (and your other post) it sounds like you need "near perfect libraries" to get good data from patterned flowcells. This could be a problem for core facilities, where "variable" quality libraries come in from customers.

It would be interesting to hear about your experiences as real world customer libraries start flowing through.

Leave a comment:

• DNATECH
    replied
    We are actually waiting for flow-cells for several weeks; I guess Illumina is surprised that anybody wants to use the new sequencers?

Leave a comment:

• idedios
    replied
    Sweet my company just got one and we'll do our training run in a couple weeks from now. The instrument was setup and configured nearly a month ago so it's bothering to see it idle for so long.

Leave a comment:

• DNATECH
    replied
    Some Q30 plots.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DNATECH
    started a topic First HiSeq 3000 data

First HiSeq 3000 data

Hello,

in case you are interested, we have posted some results from our first HiSeq 3000 runs as well as some information and considerations on the changes introduced by the new HiSeq 3000 and Hiseq 4000 sequencer generation. The yields on the first two runs were higher than expected at about 340 million reads per lane. The quality looks good.
    There is also link to the complete data from a PhiX lane (including the clusters that did not "pass filter").

http://dnatech.genomecenter.ucdavis....data-download/

Btw, the cluster images do not give away the patterned character of the flowcells. Please see the attachment.

Best,
    Lutz
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DNATECH; 05-07-2015, 12:48 AM.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
  • seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
0 responses