Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the New Seqanswers!

Welcome to the new Seqanswers! We'd love your feedback, please post any you have to this topic: New Seqanswers Feedback.
See more
See less

Miniseq run issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miniseq run issues

Hi,
    I am new to sequencing stuff by myself and till date I have ran at least 30 miniseq runs. Some runs were decent, but most of the runs over clustered in spite of quantifying libraries using NEB library quant kit. I make my own libraries using two sets of PCR and custom designed barcodes, purify and run bioanalyzer. Is there a way to troubleshoot what is exactly wrong? I did contact Illumina and they haven't given me a satisfactory answer ever. Any help would be appreciated.

Puh... hard to say... MiniSeq as far as I know uses unpatterned flow cells so over clustering is definitely more of an issue then with patterned flow cells. Did you have a look at what was the difference in the decent runs and the over clustered ones? How do you determine loading concentration and what concentrations did you load? I guess you are aware of Illuminas Denature and Dilute Guide? Whats the average library size? What kind of libraries are you preparing? Do you see a difference with different library types (for example RNAseq vs WGS)?

Comment

Working...
    X