X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gringer
    replied
    Originally posted by nanos View Post
    The old MAP kits were most likely 2D ligation kits. By know I would guess the 1D sequencing provides same accuracy than the old MAP-2D kits but yield more output.
    Yes, that's right. To further add to the confusion, ONT will be shortly bringing out a double-1D technology shortly that excludes the hairpin but produces a 2D consensus sequence.

Leave a comment:

• morning latte
    replied
    Thanks nanos!

Leave a comment:

• nanos
    replied
    The MAP*** kits are outdated versions and are no longer available.
    The selection of kit depends on your sample type:
    RAD - rapid kit tagmenting the template DNA
    Lig1D - Ligation of adaptors sequenicing 1 strand (1D)
    Lig2D - Ligation of adaptor + hairpin adaptor sequencing both strands (2D - results in highter seq-quality)

The old MAP kits were most likely 2D ligation kits. By know I would guess the 1D sequencing provides same accuracy than the old MAP-2D kits but yield more output.

Leave a comment:

• morning latte
    started a topic MinION sequencing kit

MinION sequencing kit

Hello experts,

When I am reading some publications using MinION, people used kits named MAP-003 Kits or MAP- 004 Kits for library generation. But when I look at the ONT website, I see three kits, Rapid Sequencing Kit 2, Ligation Sequencing Kit 1D (R9.4), and Ligation Sequencing kit 2D (R9.4)? What are the MAP-003 Kits or MAP- 004 Kits? I am planning to use MinION for viral genomes and not sure which kit I should purchase. Thank you for the help in advance.
Working...
X