Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have experience with the new Sequel chemistry and software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seems like there is a surprising amount of misinformation. Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

Hi all, has anyone tested the performance of the novel chemistry yet? Any experiences regarding loading efficiency, readoutput, dataquality and so on? I would really, appreciate any kind of information from all you sequel users out there!

Thanks!

Comment

Hi All,
        we have only run E.coli libraries with the new chemistry so far.
        http://dnatech.genomecenter.ucdavis....pacbio-sequel/
        Last edited by DNATECH; 11-11-2016, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Have a look at https://downloads.pacbcloud.com/publ...opsisDemoData/

Comment

Hi all and thanks for your suggestions! I already recognised pacBios Arabidopsis release. However, the Sequel-data comes in a "new" format (*.bam) and one needs to use smrt-link to visualise the data. Samtools seems not to be feasible to have a look into the binary files. Is anyone aware of a workaround to open or even convert the files? Maybe to make them suitable for import into smrt-portal?
            @DNATECH: Very helpful info!

Comment

Originally posted by Gorgon_VZ View Post
              Hi all and thanks for your suggestions! I already recognised pacBios Arabidopsis release. However, the Sequel-data comes in a "new" format (*.bam) and one needs to use smrt-link to visualise the data. Samtools seems not to be feasible to have a look into the binary files. Is anyone aware of a workaround to open or even convert the files? Maybe to make them suitable for import into smrt-portal?
              @DNATECH: Very helpful info!
              What issue are you having with samtools?

the new SEQUEL *.bam files are 100% compatible with samtools, we routinely use it internally and it's included as part of SMRTLink

Comment

Does anyone have any experience with the new Sequel chemistry on their own system?

Comment

Working...
                X