Header Leaderboard Ad

Collapse

Can SMRT analysis pipeline support fastq files?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can SMRT analysis pipeline support fastq files?

Hello,

I am new to PacBio data and pipeline. Recently, I got some pacBio data in fastq format instead of bas.h5 format. I tried blasr to run alignment and looks like blasr worked. But I want to try HGAP in SMRT analysis pipeline to do de novo assembly. I read a lot of online posts and did not find how to run HGAP with fastq files. Looks like the SMRT pipeline only support bas.h5 as the input files. Does anyone give me some suggestions how to run de novo assembly with HGAP using the fastq files as input?

Your response would be really appreciated!

Michael

Originally posted by xuguorong View Post
    Hello,

I am new to PacBio data and pipeline. Recently, I got some pacBio data in fastq format instead of bas.h5 format. I tried blasr to run alignment and looks like blasr worked. But I want to try HGAP in SMRT analysis pipeline to do de novo assembly. I read a lot of online posts and did not find how to run HGAP with fastq files. Looks like the SMRT pipeline only support bas.h5 as the input files. Does anyone give me some suggestions how to run de novo assembly with HGAP using the fastq files as input?

Your response would be really appreciated!

Michael
    Hi Michael,

You have two options:
    1) Contact your service provider and obtain the original *.bas.h5 files
    2) Use FALCON to assemble your genome from *.fasta files. FALCON is essentially the bleeding edge "command-line" version of HGAP. Depending on your UNIX experience, this may or may not be feasible for you.

You can download FALCON and it's associated dependencies in one package here:
    https://github.com/PacificBiosciences/FALCON-integrate

Comment

try to use canu

Comment

Thank you so much! I will try FALCON!

Originally posted by gconcepcion View Post
        Hi Michael,

You have two options:
        2) Use FALCON to assemble your genome from *.fasta files. FALCON is essentially the bleeding edge "command-line" version of HGAP. Depending on your UNIX experience, this may or may not be feasible for you.

Comment

Thank you so much! Canu looks cool and I will try it!

Originally posted by gconcepcion View Post
          Hi Michael,

You have two options:

Originally posted by xthua View Post
          try to use canu

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            A Brief Overview and Common Challenges in Single-cell Sequencing Analysis
            by seqadmin

​​​​​​The introduction of single-cell sequencing has advanced the ability to study cell-to-cell heterogeneity. Its use has improved our understanding of somatic mutations1, cell lineages2, cellular diversity and regulation3, and development in multicellular organisms4. Single-cell sequencing encompasses hundreds of techniques with different approaches to studying the genomes, transcriptomes, epigenomes, and other omics of individual cells. The analysis of single-cell sequencing data i...

01-24-2023, 01:19 PM
          • seqadmin
            Introduction to Single-Cell Sequencing
            by seqadmin
            Single-cell sequencing is a technique used to investigate the genome, transcriptome, epigenome, and other omics of individual cells using high-throughput sequencing. This technology has provided many scientific breakthroughs and continues to be applied across many fields, including microbiology, oncology, immunology, neurobiology, precision medicine, and stem cell research.

The advancement of single-cell sequencing began in 2009 when Tang et al. investigated the single-cell transcriptomes
            01-09-2023, 03:10 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse
          Working...
          X