Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving Sequencing Results

We are a core facility that receives samples from multiple labs. We have one lab in particular that submits which are ran on a 3730XL. We are trying to determine what is happening with these particular results. The first time that we run their plate the results don't look particularly good but if we put that same plate back into the ABI we see a much better signal. I've spoken with another facility who thought it was due to some contamination. I don't really know where this would be coming from as we run the bigdye reaction and cleanseq on all the plates and it's only seen with this particular lab's plates. I would really like to try to help troubleshoot this issue for them. I have attached images of the first and second run. Subsequent plates look pretty good on the first run but could also be improved on the second run. These are also being ran back to back.
    Attached Files

If the second run from the same plate is better, also the signal is declining with reads length, than it is salts being injected instead of labelled DNA fragments on the first run.
    I would suggest to use 200ul of 70% ethanol during the ethanol wash stage (if using ethanol precipitation in plates for sequencing reaction products purification). If doing precipitation in 1.5 ml tubes - than use 1ml of 70% ethanol on the wash step.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses