Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the New Seqanswers!

Welcome to the new Seqanswers! We'd love your feedback, please post any you have to this topic: New Seqanswers Feedback.
See more
See less

how to use CLC bio software for assemly with SOLiD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to use CLC bio software for assemly with SOLiD

Hello all,
    I am completely new commer to NGS technology and SOLiD platform.
    I want to do de novo assembly of SOLiD data with the CLC bio software
    clc_novo_assmble. apprently this software accepts fastq files for the assembly while I have .csfasta+ qual files. do I need to convert the csfasta+qual to fasq first? do I need to translate it from color space to nt space before doing the assembly?

Thanks for your help

No, you don't need to convert to fastq if you're using the graphical CLC bio version 4.8+ or probably many earlier versions (I don t know what clc_novo_assmble is!).

In general, you definitely want to stay in colour space with Solid assemblies if at all possible.

Comment

Thank you for your quick answer.

I will try to use the graphical interface as it is aparently more freindly...
      I tried to use the command line for the novo assembly that is called clc_novo_assemble and it seems like it only accepts fastq files as input while I have csfasta+qual files

I would have liked to know if someone uses command line clc de novo assembly with color space data ...

Comment

Why are you using command line? You can import them in and start the assembly using the GUI interface.

Comment

Working...
        X