X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oyvindbusk
    replied
    Dear Jane.

The error message is because the countcovariates-tool of GATK is no longer supported. You have to use BaseRecalibrator and PrintReads tool as described on the GATK page:

Ø

Leave a comment:

• Jane M
    replied
    Hello everybody,

I am using the pipeline of ulz_peter (thanks ) to perform realignment around indels and recalibration.

1) I am stuck at the third step of realignment:

java -Djava.io.tmpdir=/tmp/flx-auswerter -jar picard/FixMateInformation.jar INPUT=input.marked.realigned.bam OUTPUT=input_bam.marked.realigned.fixed.bam SO=coordinate VALIDATION_STRINGENCY=LENIENT CREATE_INDEX=true
    java -Djava.io.tmpdir=/tmp -jar /share/apps/picard-tools-1.76/FixMateInformation.jar INPUT=$path/$i/$i.realigned.bam OUTPUT=$path/$i/$i.realigned.fixed.bam SO=coordinate VALIDATION_STRINGENCY=LENIENT CREATE_INDEX=true
    I got this error message:
    Code:
    ##### ERROR ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ##### ERROR A USER ERROR has occurred (version 2.0-39-gd091f72): 
    ##### ERROR The invalid arguments or inputs must be corrected before the GATK can proceed
    ##### ERROR Please do not post this error to the GATK forum
    ##### ERROR
    ##### ERROR See the documentation (rerun with -h) for this tool to view allowable command-line arguments.
    ##### ERROR Visit our website and forum for extensive documentation and answers to 
    ##### ERROR commonly asked questions http://www.broadinstitute.org/gatk
    ##### ERROR
    ##### ERROR MESSAGE: Walker CountCovariates is no longer available in the GATK; it has been deprecated since version 2.0
    Before that, I removed the PCR duplicates with samtools and performed the first 2 steps of local realignment near indels:

Code:
    /share/apps/samtools-0.1.18/samtools rmdup ${bam}.bak $bam
    java -jar $GA/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T RealignerTargetCreator -R $db -o ${bam}.list -I $bam
    java -Djava.io.tmpdir=/tmp -jar $GA/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -I $bam -R $db -T IndelRealigner -targetIntervals ${bam}.list -o $path/$i/$i.realigned.bam
    I'am using version 1.76. I really don't know why I got such an error... Does someone see what I am doing wrong?

2) I haven't run yet the recalibration but I saw, in the picard output:
    Code:
    ##### ERROR MESSAGE: Walker CountCovariates is no longer available in the GATK; it has been deprecated since version 2.0

##### ERROR MESSAGE: Walker TableRecalibration is no longer available in the GATK; it has been deprecated since version 2.0
    Since I'am using v2.0-39-gd091f72, I am wondering how to perform the recalibration in these conditions Do you know why these analysis types have been removed? Should I change my GATK version?

3) Finally, did I understand well: the recalibration of variant quality score, after variant calling, is rather not working when using a single bam? In this case, I won't perform this recalibration.

Thank you in advance,
    Jane
    Last edited by Jane M; 09-04-2012, 05:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• frewise
    replied
    Originally posted by oyvindbusk View Post
    Hi,
    Try adding a CREATE_INDEX=true to your markduplicates-command as well, and I think it will work.

Ø
    Thank you very much, oyvindbusk. It works.

Leave a comment:

• oyvindbusk
    replied
    Originally posted by frewise View Post
    When I realigned reads around indels, an error occured:
    HTML Code:
    ERROR MESSAGE: Invalid command line: Cannot process the provided BAM file(s) because they were not indexed.
    The previous 2 steps and the realignment command lines are:
    Code:
    java -Xmx4g -Djava.io.tmpdir=./ \
      -jar picard-tools-1.57/SortSam.jar \
      SORT_ORDER=coordinate \
      INPUT=MK-5.sam \
      OUTPUT=MK-5.bam \
      VALIDATION_STRINGENCY=LENIENT \
      CREATE_INDEX=true
      -jar picard-tools-1.57/MarkDuplicates.jar \
      INPUT=MK-5.bam \
      OUTPUT=MK-5.marked.bam \
      METRICS_FILE=metrics \
      VALIDATION_STRINGENCY=LENIENT
    java -Xmx4g -jar GenomeAnalysisTK-1.6-9-g47df7bb/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar \
      -T RealignerTargetCreator \
      -R hg19.fa \
      -o MK-5.bam.list \
      -I MK-5.marked.bam

-jar GenomeAnalysisTK-1.6-9-g47df7bb/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar \
      -I MK-5.marked.bam \
      -R hg19.fa \
      -T IndelRealigner \
      -targetIntervals MK-5.bam.list \
      -o MK-5.marked.realigned.bam
    Could anyone tell me what's wrong with it? Thanks in advance!
    Hi,
    Try adding a CREATE_INDEX=true to your markduplicates-command as well, and I think it will work.

Ø

Leave a comment:

• frewise
    replied
    BAM file not indexed

When I realigned reads around indels, an error occured:
    HTML Code:
    ERROR MESSAGE: Invalid command line: Cannot process the provided BAM file(s) because they were not indexed.
    The previous 2 steps and the realignment command lines are:
    Code:
      -jar picard-tools-1.57/SortSam.jar \
      SORT_ORDER=coordinate \
      INPUT=MK-5.sam \
      OUTPUT=MK-5.bam \
      VALIDATION_STRINGENCY=LENIENT \
      CREATE_INDEX=true
      -jar picard-tools-1.57/MarkDuplicates.jar \
      INPUT=MK-5.bam \
      OUTPUT=MK-5.marked.bam \
      METRICS_FILE=metrics \
      VALIDATION_STRINGENCY=LENIENT
    java -Xmx4g -jar GenomeAnalysisTK-1.6-9-g47df7bb/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar \
      -T RealignerTargetCreator \
      -R hg19.fa \
      -o MK-5.bam.list \
      -I MK-5.marked.bam

-jar GenomeAnalysisTK-1.6-9-g47df7bb/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar \
      -I MK-5.marked.bam \
      -R hg19.fa \
      -T IndelRealigner \
      -targetIntervals MK-5.bam.list \
      -o MK-5.marked.realigned.bam
    Could anyone tell me what's wrong with it? Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by frewise; 08-17-2012, 12:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• frewise
    replied
    why remove genes with multiple variants

Originally posted by raonyguimaraes View Post
    Hello all, I have good news ...

After using annovar, I finally got to the number of 22709 variants on my data.

From there I'm now trying to filter based on this approach:

The numbers are pretty close so I think I'm on the right track

22709 Variants
    11.179 Variants
    4766 Variants
    4222 Variants
    removed frequency > 0.01
    878 Variants
    427 Variants
    Hi, raonyguimaraes, why did you remove genes with multiple variants in your last 2 steps?

Leave a comment:

• Sini
    replied
    Originally posted by Heisman View Post
    Sini, it says you have an out of memory error. Try:

java -Xmx4000m -jar

instead of

java -Xmx4m -jar
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Heisman
    replied
    Sini, it says you have an out of memory error. Try:

java -Xmx4000m -jar

instead of

java -Xmx4m -jar

Leave a comment:

• Sini
    replied
    I’m a bit embarrassed to ask help again this soon. I’m now trying to use GATK. This is a new program to me and I run into problems straight away…. I followed the instructions in the pdf. file. and used the command:

java -Xmx4m -jar GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T RealignerTargetCreator -R hg19.fa -o input.bam.list -I input.AS.bam

and got huge error message (below) If anyone could tell me what this error message means I would be very greatful!

##### ERROR ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ##### ERROR stack trace
    java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.GenomeAnalysisEngine.<init>(GenomeAnalysisEngine.java:146)
    at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.CommandLineExecutable.<init>(CommandLineExecutable.java:53)
    at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.CommandLineGATK.<init>(CommandLineGATK.java:55)
    at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.CommandLineGATK.main(CommandLineGATK.java:91)
    Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    at org.reflections.Reflections.scan(Reflections.java:166)
    at org.reflections.Reflections.<init>(Reflections.java:91)
    at org.broadinstitute.sting.utils.classloader.PluginManager.<clinit>(PluginManager.java:79)
    ... 4 more
    Caused by: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerGet(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)
    at org.reflections.Reflections.scan(Reflections.java:162)
    ... 6 more
    Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    at javassist.bytecode.ExceptionTable.<init>(ExceptionTable.java:58)
    at javassist.bytecode.CodeAttribute.<init>(CodeAttribute.java:108)
    at javassist.bytecode.AttributeInfo.read(AttributeInfo.java:78)
    at javassist.bytecode.MethodInfo.read(MethodInfo.java:498)
    at javassist.bytecode.MethodInfo.<init>(MethodInfo.java:79)
    at javassist.bytecode.ClassFile.read(ClassFile.java:716)
    at javassist.bytecode.ClassFile.<init>(ClassFile.java:85)
    at org.reflections.adapters.JavassistAdapter.createClassObject(JavassistAdapter.java:86)
    at org.reflections.adapters.JavassistAdapter.createClassObject(JavassistAdapter.java:22)
    at org.reflections.scanners.AbstractScanner.scan(AbstractScanner.java:38)
    at org.reflections.Reflections$2.run(Reflections.java:149)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    at java.util.Arrays.copyOfRange(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.String.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Properties.loadConvert(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Properties.load0(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.Properties.load(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.PropertyResourceBundle.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.ResourceBundle$Control.newBundle(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.ResourceBundle.loadBundle(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.ResourceBundle.findBundle(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(Unknown Source)
    at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(Unknown Source)
    at org.broadinstitute.sting.utils.text.TextFormattingUtils.loadResourceBundle(TextFormattingUtils.java:104)
    at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.CommandLineGATK.getVersionNumber(CommandLineGATK.java:135)
    at org.broadinstitute.sting.commandline.CommandLineProgram.exitSystemWithError(CommandLineProgram.java:342)
    at org.broadinstitute.sting.commandline.CommandLineProgram.exitSystemWithError(CommandLineProgram.java:398)
    at org.broadinstitute.sting.gatk.CommandLineGATK.main(CommandLineGATK.java:110)

Leave a comment:

• Sini
    replied
    Originally posted by sdvie View Post
    Hi!
    Make sure you have the whole list of .fa files without any line breaks in between, as each line break will submit what is written as a command. So e.g. if you have prepared your command "offline", like

cat chr1.fa chr2.fa chr3.fa chr4.fa chr5.fa chr6.fa chr7.fa chr8.fa chr9.fa [enter]
    chr10.fa chr11.fa chr12.fa chr13.fa chr14.fa chr15.fa chr16.fa chr17.fa chr18.fa [enter]
    chr19.fa chr20.fa chr21.fa chr22.fa chrX.fa chrY.fa chrM.fa > hg19.fa

the shell will consider every first string in the line (in bold) as the command to execute and that is why you get these errors.

cheers,
    Sophia
    Thank you! I'm not used to working with command lines so I keep making all kinds of stupid mistakes..

Leave a comment:

• sdvie
    replied
    Originally posted by Sini View Post
    Hi!
    I have problem continating the single-choromosome files to a single file.
    I used the command given in the exome analysis.pdf :
    cat chr1.fa chr2.fa chr3.fa chr4.fa chr5.fa chr6.fa chr7.fa chr8.fa chr9.fa
    chr10.fa chr11.fa chr12.fa chr13.fa chr14.fa chr15.fa chr16.fa chr17.fa chr18.fa chr19.fa chr20.fa chr21.fa chr22.fa chrX.fa chrY.fa chrM.fa > hg19.fa

I did check (several times) that the files were in this order.

I get this error message:
    $ chr10.fa chr11.fa chr12.fa chr13.fa chr14.fa chr15.fa chr16.fa chr17.fafahr18.
    -sh: chr10.fa: command not found

and

$ chr19.fa chr20.fa chr21.fa chr22.fa chrX.fa chrY.fa chrM.fa > hg19.fa
    -sh: chr19.fa: command not found

I have no idea how to fix this, since i'm not sure what the problem is. can anyone help?
    Hi!
    Make sure you have the whole list of .fa files without any line breaks in between, as each line break will submit what is written as a command. So e.g. if you have prepared your command "offline", like

cat chr1.fa chr2.fa chr3.fa chr4.fa chr5.fa chr6.fa chr7.fa chr8.fa chr9.fa [enter]
    chr10.fa chr11.fa chr12.fa chr13.fa chr14.fa chr15.fa chr16.fa chr17.fa chr18.fa [enter]
    chr19.fa chr20.fa chr21.fa chr22.fa chrX.fa chrY.fa chrM.fa > hg19.fa

the shell will consider every first string in the line (in bold) as the command to execute and that is why you get these errors.

cheers,
    Sophia

Leave a comment:

• Sini
    replied
    Hi!
    I have problem continating the single-choromosome files to a single file.
    I used the command given in the exome analysis.pdf :
    cat chr1.fa chr2.fa chr3.fa chr4.fa chr5.fa chr6.fa chr7.fa chr8.fa chr9.fa
    chr10.fa chr11.fa chr12.fa chr13.fa chr14.fa chr15.fa chr16.fa chr17.fa chr18.fa chr19.fa chr20.fa chr21.fa chr22.fa chrX.fa chrY.fa chrM.fa > hg19.fa

I did check (several times) that the files were in this order.

I get this error message:
    $ chr10.fa chr11.fa chr12.fa chr13.fa chr14.fa chr15.fa chr16.fa chr17.fafahr18.
    -sh: chr10.fa: command not found

and

$ chr19.fa chr20.fa chr21.fa chr22.fa chrX.fa chrY.fa chrM.fa > hg19.fa
    -sh: chr19.fa: command not found

I have no idea how to fix this, since i'm not sure what the problem is. can anyone help?

Leave a comment:

• xhyuo
    replied
    Hi, Guys
    I know there are many experts here, hoping someone help me out this question.

I got the .csra file for the accession number on NCBI

From the Metadata it is said as the PAIRED.

First, i fastq-dump this csra file, it should come out 2 .fastq files, one is for forward and the other is for the reverse sequence. Right?! But i only got one .fastq file.

Then, i sam-dump/samtools the csra file into .bam file.

Following ulz_peter's great manual, i did the local realignment around indels using the reference hg19 i download from UCSC, an error occurred, saying that input file reads and reference have incompatible contigs. No overlapping contigs found.
    Read contigs=[1,2,...,22, GL000235.1,GL000201.1....]
    Reference contigs=[chr1,chr2,...,chrM]

GL000235.1,GL000201.1 ....are the files i download using SRA tool. Cause in the csra file there are linked references.

So what kind of reference i should use? How can i do that?

Thank you !

Leave a comment:

• hyjkim
    replied
    Originally posted by sdvie View Post
    I am experiencing the same error as described below by blackgore, with bam files that have data and work with samtools and several picard commands.
    The recalibration .csv file is not generated.
    Has there been any explanation or possible solution concerning this issue?

cheers,
    Sophia
    Looks like we have the same issue. My problems comes from using tophat as a mapper, which likes to output all mapping qualities as 255. See: https://getsatisfaction.com/gsa/topi...ovariates_tool

Leave a comment:

• sdvie
    replied
    CountCovariates error on BAM files

I am experiencing the same error as described below by blackgore, with bam files that have data and work with samtools and several picard commands.
    The recalibration .csv file is not generated.
    Has there been any explanation or possible solution concerning this issue?

cheers,
    Sophia

Originally posted by blackgore View Post
    In following the workflow mentioned above, I've come up against an error, and I'm wondering if I'm alone in this. Has anyone experienced difficulty with using CountCovariates tool, specifically with errors regarding accessing information from the input BAM file? I've tried this with several samples, but keep getting the same error, "Bad input: Could not find any usable data in the input BAM file(s)"

(for those interested, the BAM files in question are not empty, and work just fine with samtools view).

Code:
    java -Xmx16g -jar /$Software/GenomeAnalysisTK-1.3-17-gc62082b/GenomeAnalysisTK.jar -T CountCovariates -R /$Genomes/Broad/Human/b37/human_g1k_v37.fasta -I $Projects/data/SampleA_bowtie.gatk.realign.bam -nt 8 -l INFO -cov ReadGroupCovariate -cov QualityScoreCovariate -cov CycleCovariate -cov DinucCovariate -log RECAL.log -recalFile RECAL.csv --knownSites $Genomes/Broad/Human/b37/dbsnp_132.b37.vcf

INFO  14:01:25,870 HelpFormatter - ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    INFO  14:01:25,875 HelpFormatter - The Genome Analysis Toolkit (GATK) v1.3-17-gc62082b, Compiled 2011/11/18 15:24:46
    INFO  14:01:25,875 HelpFormatter - Copyright (c) 2010 The Broad Institute
    INFO  14:01:25,876 HelpFormatter - Please view our documentation at [url]http://www.broadinstitute.org/gsa/wiki[/url]
    INFO  14:01:25,876 HelpFormatter - For support, please view our support site at [url]http://getsatisfaction.com/gsa[/url]
    INFO  14:01:25,877 HelpFormatter - Program Args: -T CountCovariates -R /$Genomes/Broad/Human/b37/human_g1k_v37.fasta -I $Projects/data/SampleA_bowtie.gatk.realign.bam -nt 8 -l INFO -cov ReadGroupCovariate -cov QualityScoreCovariate -cov CycleCovariate -cov DinucCovariate -log RECAL.log -recalFile RECAL.csv --knownSites $Genomes/Broad/Human/b37/dbsnp_132.b37.vcf
    INFO  14:01:25,878 HelpFormatter - Date/Time: 2011/11/24 14:01:25
    INFO  14:01:25,878 HelpFormatter - ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    INFO  14:01:25,878 HelpFormatter - ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    INFO  14:01:26,052 RodBindingArgumentTypeDescriptor - Dynamically determined type of $Genomes/Broad/Human/b37/dbsnp_132.b37.vcf to be VCF
    INFO  14:01:26,064 GenomeAnalysisEngine - Strictness is SILENT
    INFO  14:01:26,815 RMDTrackBuilder - Loading Tribble index from disk for file $Genomes/Broad/Human/b37/dbsnp_132.b37.vcf
    INFO  14:01:30,532 MicroScheduler - Running the GATK in parallel mode with 8 concurrent threads
    INFO  14:01:32,326 CountCovariatesWalker - The covariates being used here:
    INFO  14:01:32,327 CountCovariatesWalker -      ReadGroupCovariate
    INFO  14:01:32,327 CountCovariatesWalker -      QualityScoreCovariate
    INFO  14:01:32,327 CountCovariatesWalker -      CycleCovariate
    INFO  14:01:32,328 CountCovariatesWalker -      DinucCovariate
    INFO  14:01:41,189 CountCovariatesWalker - Writing raw recalibration data...
    INFO  14:01:44,145 HttpMethodDirector - I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused
    INFO  14:01:44,146 HttpMethodDirector - Retrying request
    INFO  14:01:44,149 HttpMethodDirector - I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused
    INFO  14:01:44,149 HttpMethodDirector - Retrying request
    INFO  14:01:44,152 HttpMethodDirector - I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused
    INFO  14:01:44,153 HttpMethodDirector - Retrying request
    INFO  14:01:44,155 HttpMethodDirector - I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused
    INFO  14:01:44,155 HttpMethodDirector - Retrying request
    INFO  14:01:44,158 HttpMethodDirector - I/O exception (java.net.ConnectException) caught when processing request: Connection refused
    INFO  14:01:44,158 HttpMethodDirector - Retrying request
    ##### ERROR A USER ERROR has occurred (version 1.3-17-gc62082b):
    ##### ERROR The invalid arguments or inputs must be corrected before the GATK can proceed
    ##### ERROR Please do not post this error to the GATK forum
    ##### ERROR
    ##### ERROR See the documentation (rerun with -h) for this tool to view allowable command-line arguments.
    ##### ERROR Visit our wiki for extensive documentation [url]http://www.broadinstitute.org/gsa/wiki[/url]
    ##### ERROR Visit our forum to view answers to commonly asked questions [url]http://getsatisfaction.com/gsa[/url]
    ##### ERROR
    ##### ERROR MESSAGE: Bad input: Could not find any usable data in the input BAM file(s).

Leave a comment:

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
    by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
    05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
  • seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 02:46 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 05-07-2024, 06:57 AM
0 responses