Seqanswers Leaderboard Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • About SOAP and SOAPsnp

    How do I sort up mapped soap files by coordinate? Is there any software I can use? Or I need to program it myself?

  • #2
    Err hello. sorry to interrupt here. this is my first post on this forum. i dont know to to create one.

    its just that im having problem with soap2. anybody successfully run soap2? im still stuck after extracting the file. dont understand the command line options. i dont know how to start. i just want to run a sample to try out.

    anybody has some sort of tutorial?

    THANKS.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by hus View Post
      Err hello. sorry to interrupt here. this is my first post on this forum. i dont know to to create one.

      its just that im having problem with soap2. anybody successfully run soap2? im still stuck after extracting the file. dont understand the command line options. i dont know how to start. i just want to run a sample to try out.

      anybody has some sort of tutorial?

      THANKS.
      Hey,

      give SOAP3 a try, you can find it here: http://soap.genomics.org.cn/soap3.html . It is much faster since it uses GPU power. Also there is a "tutorial" how to run it...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by evonne16 View Post
        How do I sort up mapped soap files by coordinate? Is there any software I can use? Or I need to program it myself?


        Hey,

        on a Linux machine you can use the UNIX -sort command line option, i guess.

        Don't know the paramters exactly but 'man sort' should do the job. On a Windows PC i guess you have to wirte your own script.


        Best Phil

        Comment


        • #5
          Oh hey sphil,

          Thank you very much. I'll try that.

          Comment


          • #6
            @sphil: could you possibly help me with an issue I have running SOAP3 in a CUDA-4 environment? thanks!
            SysAdmin & ICT consultant
            http://about.me/nicola.losito

            Comment


            • #7
              Actually i have not done anything yet with CUDA but maybe i can help anyway. Just pm me or post it here that everyone else can join the discussion!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by sphil View Post
                Actually i have not done anything yet with CUDA but maybe i can help anyway. Just pm me or post it here that everyone else can join the discussion!
                Thanks!
                I made a new thread since it's a specific question ---> http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=71251
                SysAdmin & ICT consultant
                http://about.me/nicola.losito

                Comment

                Latest Articles

                Collapse

                • seqadmin
                  Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
                  by seqadmin


                  The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
                  05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                  by seqadmin




                  The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                  04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

                ad_right_rmr

                Collapse

                News

                Collapse

                Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, 05-14-2024, 07:03 AM
                0 responses
                19 views
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 05-10-2024, 06:35 AM
                0 responses
                43 views
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 05-09-2024, 02:46 PM
                0 responses
                53 views
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, 05-07-2024, 06:57 AM
                0 responses
                42 views
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Working...
                X