Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sisch View Post
    Yes, I was speaking of 64bit. My assumption was that in the field of NGS no one would still run 32bit.
    Maybe I'm wrong ... don't know ...

Simon
    1, Then the URL you gave doesn't have 64 bit downloading there, which confuses me.

2, In the field of NGS lots of people still don't able to tell the difference between 32 bit OS and 64 bit. When I did my porting of samtools to X64, people complain that it doesn't run on their Windows.

Best,

dong

Comment

Originally posted by xied75 View Post
      1, Then the URL you gave doesn't have 64 bit downloading there, which confuses me.
      Sorry for the confusion, I have to withdraw my suggestion of using Notepad++ for large files. It seems my mind extrapolated too much of my memory I checked back on my windows machine (which I'm not using too often):
      1) Notepad2 was the 64bit program I had in mind.
      2) But Notepad2 doesn't open large files either (I also found Vim for windows installed, so I think I used that for the 25GB file I mentioned)
      3) Notepad++ was on my mind, because I did all the downstream stuff with it (opens files up to ~700MB).

Originally posted by xied75 View Post
      2, In the field of NGS lots of people still don't able to tell the difference between 32 bit OS and 64 bit. When I did my porting of samtools to X64, people complain that it doesn't run on their Windows.
      I have to keep that in mind.

Comment

I have used LTP Viewer, if you want to quickly view a large file as well as search within it, but not much as an editor.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Recent Developments in Metagenomics
          by seqadmin

Metagenomics has improved the way researchers study microorganisms across diverse environments. Historically, studying microorganisms relied on culturing them in the lab, a method that limits the investigation of many species since most are unculturable1. Metagenomics overcomes these issues by allowing the study of microorganisms regardless of their ability to be cultured or the environments they inhabit. Over time, the field has evolved, especially with the advent...
          09-23-2024, 06:35 AM
        • seqadmin
          Understanding Genetic Influence on Infectious Disease
          by seqadmin

During the COVID-19 pandemic, scientists observed that while some individuals experienced severe illness when infected with SARS-CoV-2, others were barely affected. These disparities left researchers and clinicians wondering what causes the wide variations in response to viral infections and what role genetics plays.

Jean-Laurent Casanova, M.D., Ph.D., Professor at Rockefeller University, is a leading expert in this crossover between genetics and infectious...
          09-09-2024, 10:59 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 10-02-2024, 04:51 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 10-01-2024, 07:10 AM
        0 responses