Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meaning of gff3 file score

I got a gff3 file, in column 6 (score column), most of them are ".", but some has number such as 18.3465 or 19.1278

What are those number mean? I did not find clear answer by searching online.

Thanks.

See here: http://www.sequenceontology.org/gff3.shtml You may have to figure out what exactly is in your GFF file.

Comment

Are those in the 6th column? If so, they're a score for whatever feature they're associated with (maybe E-values?).

Comment

I actually inherited it from other group...

Comment

Since it seems that it's not obvious from context (file name, other annotations, etc.), the best you can do is track down whomever made it and ask.

Comment

There may be something in the 9th column that tells you about the score. The attributes can have notes to say something about the annotation or there may be specific tags that indicates what type of feature this is. I agree with the other comments though, the best case scenario is to find out about this file from the source. I know that is not always possible, so it is always good to try and understand the data as best as possible.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Addressing Off-Target Effects in CRISPR Technologies
              by seqadmin

The first FDA-approved CRISPR-based therapy marked the transition of therapeutic gene editing from a dream to reality1. CRISPR technologies have streamlined gene editing, and CRISPR screens have become an important approach for identifying genes involved in disease processes2. This technique introduces targeted mutations across numerous genes, enabling large-scale identification of gene functions, interactions, and pathways3. Identifying the full range...
              08-27-2024, 04:44 AM
            • seqadmin
              Selecting and Optimizing mRNA Library Preparations
              by seqadmin

Sequencing mRNA provides a snapshot of cellular activity, allowing researchers to study the dynamics of cellular processes, compare gene expression across different tissue types, and gain insights into the mechanisms of complex diseases. “mRNA’s central role in the dogma of molecular biology makes it a logical and relevant focus for transcriptomic studies,” stated Sebastian Aguilar Pierlé, Ph.D., Application Development Lead at Inorevia. “One of the major hurdles for...
              08-07-2024, 12:11 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 08-27-2024, 04:40 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 08-22-2024, 05:00 AM
            0 responses