Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MosaikSort problems

I get hung up in phase 1 of MosaikSort. I get this error and I don't know how to even begin to address it. Has anyone run into this before?

Code:
    ERROR: When determining whether to apply mate-pair or paired-end constraints, an irregularity in the alignment model counts was discovered.

Normal mate-pair data sets have the highest counts for alignment models: 4 & 5.
           Normal paired-end data sets have the highest counts for alignment models: 2 & 6.

We expect that the ratio of the 6 lowest counts to the 2 highest counts to be no larger than 0.10, but in this data set the ratio was 0.13

Are you using 454 pair end reads?

What kind of aligned reads you're trying to sort???

I had that error too with 454 pair-ends. This image would give you an idea of what the models are:

I have to recheck my data since is not a very large dataset and my problem could be that.

Hope this would help you.

Comment

Ah well at least now I know what sort of models its talking about. I'm working with 36bp illumina reads. It did seem as though most of the reads were discarded in the MosaikAlign step so maybe I'll go back and tinker with that to see if I can get a better result. I wish I knew that that were the problem though.

Comment

hi,all
        I use mosaiksort program and produce a program as following:
        [chenchong@node03 chenchong]$ ./mosaik-aligner/bin/MosaikSort -in tier3.dat -out tier3.dat
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        MosaikSort 1.0.1388 2010-02-01
        Michael Stromberg Marth Lab, Boston College Biology Department
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- resolving the following types of read pairs: [unique orphans] [unique vs unique] [unique vs multiple]

- phase 1 of 3: building fragment length distribution:
        samples: 24,232 -ERROR: Unable to properly uncompress the current data partition.
        I wish someone can resolve the problem

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
          by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
          02-26-2024, 02:07 PM
        • seqadmin
          Multiomics Techniques Advancing Disease Research
          by seqadmin

New and advanced multiomics tools and technologies have opened new avenues of research and markedly enhanced various disciplines such as disease research and precision medicine1. The practice of merging diverse data from various ‘omes increasingly provides a more holistic understanding of biological systems. As Maddison Masaeli, Co-Founder and CEO at Deepcell, aptly noted, “You can't explain biology in its complex form with one modality.”

A major leap in the field has
          02-08-2024, 06:33 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:12 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 02-23-2024, 04:11 PM