No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microarray normalisation for 2 color labelled arrays

Hello,

I am trying to do a microarray analysis on a time-series (5 time points) gene expression (GE) data of 3000 genes. I want to calculate all Vs all (3000 Vs 3000 genes') Pearson correlation coefficient (PCC) values. I searched a lot in literature and found that studies use values that are 'Log (base 2) of the ratio of the median of test spot's intensity to median of control's intensity'.

The intensity values are already normalised (background normalised). Whereas, some studies subtract the control GE intensity value of a gene from the test value. Please help me by explaining which of the above two kinds of values are appropriate for calculating pearson correlation coefficients of all Vs all genes.
    Last edited by vipul; 06-09-2014, 01:07 AM. Reason: adding tags

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
    by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
    05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
  • seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Today, 06:35 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 02:46 PM
0 responses