No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wise eternal compilation error!

Hello,

I am trying to run CEGMA, but I am not able to compile genewise in order to do so. I've followed so many different tutorials, but still I could find the answer for my problem. I am Biology guy, so I have no idea what is happening. I will appreciate any help because I've tried so many things without any success.

The problem in the compilation is in this specific command:

gcc -g -o estwise estwise.o geneparser21.o geneparameter.o genestats.o genewisehsp.o geneutil.o geneoutput.o threestatemodel.o genefrequency.o splicesitemodeler.o genewise4.o genewise6.o genestretch6.o genewise21.o geneloop21.o geneloop6.o gwlite.o gwlitemodel.o gwrap.o matchsum.o estwrap.o genewisemodel.o cdparser.o genedisplay.o estwise3.o estslim3.o estloop3.o estfrag3.o estslimloop.o gwquickdb.o threestatedb.o pfamhmmer1db.o pwmdna.o wise2xhmmer2.o genewisemodeldb.o seqhit.o standardout.o geneparser4.o sw_wrap.o abc.o pba.o seqaligndisplay.o dbadisplay.o proteinsw.o estquick3.o -g -L../base/ -L../dynlibsrc/ -L../HMMer2/ -lpthread `pkg-config --libs glib-2.0` -lhmmer -ldyna_glib -ldyna -lwisebase -lm

And the output is:

../dynlibsrc//libdyna_glib.a(hsp.o): In function `Wise2_add_pair_HSPmanager':
    hsp.c.text+0x1432): undefined reference to `g_hash_table_lookup'
    hsp.c.text+0x1568): undefined reference to `g_hash_table_insert'
    ../dynlibsrc//libdyna_glib.a(hsp.o): In function `Wise2_add_new_HSP_HSPmanager':
    hsp.c.text+0x1618): undefined reference to `g_hash_table_lookup'
    hsp.c.text+0x16b8): undefined reference to `g_hash_table_insert'
    ../dynlibsrc//libdyna_glib.a(hsp.o): In function `Wise2_free_HSPmanager':
    [.......]

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[1]: *** [estwise] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/oliveira/Downloads/wise2.2.3-rc7/src/models'
    make: *** [realall] Error 2

Thank you very much and I'm looking forward for any help,
    Best regards André

What OS are you doing this compilation on? You may have to install libglib2.0-dev package based on the errors above.

Comment

GeneMax I'm running in Ubuntu-Linux. I already installed that library and modified the makefile to include the libglib2.0 during the compilation, but still the error persists.

Comment

Where did you install the libglib2-0? How did you modify the makefile?

Comment

The libglib2-0 was installed via apt-get, and I modified the make file with the following command lines:

find ./ -type f -name "makefile" -exec sed -i.old 's/glib-config --libs/pkg-config --libs glib-2.0/g' "{}" +;
          find ./ -type f -name "makefile" -exec sed -i.old 's/glib-config --cflags/pkg-config --cflags glib-2.0/g' "{}" +;

Comment

If you used apt-get then the library should be in the default path. Can you try adding library option "-lglib-2.0" instead of the modification you tried?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Recent Developments in Metagenomics
              by seqadmin

Metagenomics has improved the way researchers study microorganisms across diverse environments. Historically, studying microorganisms relied on culturing them in the lab, a method that limits the investigation of many species since most are unculturable1. Metagenomics overcomes these issues by allowing the study of microorganisms regardless of their ability to be cultured or the environments they inhabit. Over time, the field has evolved, especially with the advent...
              09-23-2024, 06:35 AM
            • seqadmin
              Understanding Genetic Influence on Infectious Disease
              by seqadmin

During the COVID-19 pandemic, scientists observed that while some individuals experienced severe illness when infected with SARS-CoV-2, others were barely affected. These disparities left researchers and clinicians wondering what causes the wide variations in response to viral infections and what role genetics plays.

Jean-Laurent Casanova, M.D., Ph.D., Professor at Rockefeller University, is a leading expert in this crossover between genetics and infectious...
              09-09-2024, 10:59 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, 10-02-2024, 04:51 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, 10-01-2024, 07:10 AM
            0 responses