Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allelic Depth from VCF

I'm trying to estimate the # of reads representing each allele across multiple samples in RNA-seq data.

I've identified SNPs with samtools mpileup and vcftools call, but allelic depth is not provided in the vcf.

I gather that GATK Variant Annotator (-A DepthPerAlleleBySample) might be able to extract this info from the vcf, but GATK seems unhappy with my vcf format

Code:
    Your input file has a malformed header: unexpected tag count 5 in line <ID=VDB,Number=1,Type=Float,Description="Variant Distance Bias for filtering splice-site artefacts in RNA-seq data (bigger is better)",Version="3">
    Does anyone have other suggests for getting per sample/per allele counts? Or a suggestion to get around this formatting issue?

Thanks!

I seem to remember that with bcftools, you can have this information in the bcf file...

Comment

OOps, I meant "bcftools call" not vcftools

Comment

If you pass the DPR option to bcftools call it gives the allele depth (I also do DP for total read depth):
        samtools mpileup -gu -t DP,DPR

The output is 0/1:153,0,125:61:20,41,0,0
        0/1 allele call
        153,0,125 prob of allele call
        61 read depth
        20,41,0,0 depth of different alleles
        Providing nextRAD genotyping and PacBio sequencing services. http://snpsaurus.com

Comment

Allelic Depth

Excellent! I'll give it a shot!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
            by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
            02-26-2024, 02:07 PM
          • seqadmin
            Multiomics Techniques Advancing Disease Research
            by seqadmin

New and advanced multiomics tools and technologies have opened new avenues of research and markedly enhanced various disciplines such as disease research and precision medicine1. The practice of merging diverse data from various ‘omes increasingly provides a more holistic understanding of biological systems. As Maddison Masaeli, Co-Founder and CEO at Deepcell, aptly noted, “You can't explain biology in its complex form with one modality.”

A major leap in the field has
            02-08-2024, 06:33 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 02-28-2024, 06:12 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 02-23-2024, 04:11 PM