Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TopHat-HTSeq-DESeq pipeline (HELP PLEASE!)

Hello all,

I am having an issue with importing my information(6 .txt files) within the directory using Linux and R. The pipeline that I am using is TopHat-HTSeq-DESeq. This may be simple, however, I am no expert. I have 6 .txt files in a directory called htseqresults. Within that directory, I go to R (by typing R). The following is what I attempted:

>library(DESeq)
    > datafile<-system.file(path="/home/work/HTSeq/htseqresults")
    > datafile
    [1] ""

I attempted to use the Differential expression of RNA-Seq data at the gene level –the DESeq package. The data is not stored in my computer, instead is stored in the server. How will I be able to import these 6 .txt files? Is it possible to do collectively? Do I have to import each at one time?

Please help.

AH

At some stage those 6 .txt files will need to be combined into a single data frame (table) for DESeq analysis. You could do this beforehand in python or bash, or after importing them into R.

If you're not familiar with scripting perhaps the easiest would be to import each file separately in R:

count_sample1 <- read.csv("/home/work/HTSeq/htseqresults/sample1.txt", sep="\t", row.names=1)
    colnames(count_sample1) <- "sample1"

count_sample2 <- read.csv("/home/work/HTSeq/htseqresults/sample2.txt", sep="\t", row.names=1)
    colnames(count_sample2) <- "sample2"

etc.

Then combine them into a data frame using merge:

combined_counts <- merge(count_sample1, count_sample2, etc., by=row.names)

Something like this should work depending on the HTSeq output format. Check the R help pages for "read.csv" and "merge" for further info.

Good luck!

Comment

Thank you so very much neavemj!!!!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
        by seqadmin

Article Coming Soon......
        Today, 02:07 PM
      • seqadmin
        Multiomics Techniques Advancing Disease Research
        by seqadmin

New and advanced multiomics tools and technologies have opened new avenues of research and markedly enhanced various disciplines such as disease research and precision medicine1. The practice of merging diverse data from various ‘omes increasingly provides a more holistic understanding of biological systems. As Maddison Masaeli, Co-Founder and CEO at Deepcell, aptly noted, “You can't explain biology in its complex form with one modality.”

A major leap in the field has
        02-08-2024, 06:33 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, 02-23-2024, 04:11 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 02-21-2024, 08:52 AM