Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which versions of TopHat and Cufflinks are you using?

Comment

I used cufflink 2.0.2 and Tophat 2.0.6
      github:
      https://github.com/Bioinformatics-and-Genomics

Comment

I did lot of research on cufflinks strand assignment, but could not get satisfactory information on it. It is really frustrating.

It makes sense that cufflinks assigns strand based on intron-exon junctions in case of multi-exonic transcripts. But, how it decides the strand for some of the single-exonic transcripts and puts "." for the rest? Could anyone find any answer on this?

I am surprised that the authors of cufflinks don't respond to this thread!

Please share any information you have on this.

Thank you for your attention.

Comment

Hi ravipatel4,

On the Cufflinks website it says:
          "Questions about Cufflinks should be sent to [email protected]"

Perhaps you could try that email address?

Comment

Hi joro,

Thank you for your reply.
            I already wrote to them. Hope to hear from them soon. I don't have much hopes, though. They might be getting many emails and they are more interested in emails related to bugs. Thus, at the first place, they might not be interested in respoding to my email asking for just a clarification.

It is strange that some papers already used cufflinks to assemble non-strand-specific RNA-Seq data, but they dint clarify anything on how they did proceed with the gene models without strand information!

Thank you.

Comment

We had an issue in this general area and I thought I might post what I learned. I had a novel single exon transcript called by Cufflinks but it consistently called the strand opposite of where the reads were mapping.(We were doing strand-specific sequencing.) We eventually figured out that Cufflinks uses the Tophat XS tag to call the strand of this feature and that the library type had been mis-set in the Tophat runs. e.g. Look for examples in your Tophat sam files where your read maps to the positive strand but the tag is "XS:A:-" or vice versa. Setting the library_type in Cufflinks did not fix this issue and eventually we corrected the mapping with a script. NOTE: transcripts in our .gtf annotation file were assigned the correct strand. We observed this issue for novel single exon transcripts.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
                by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
                05-06-2024, 07:48 AM
              • seqadmin
                Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
                by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
                04-22-2024, 07:01 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, 05-07-2024, 06:57 AM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, 05-06-2024, 07:17 AM
              0 responses