Leave a comment:

• jimmybee
    replied
    Did a few edits today but will keep adding

Leave a comment:

• usad
    replied
    Hi Dan

I was logged in (this works flawlessly I never get logged out- thanks god) But maybe I don't have Wikipedia credibility yet.

I will simpley omit the references. Most are in anyway.

Cheers
    Björn

Leave a comment:

• dan
    replied
    Originally posted by usad View Post
    Hi Dan

considering how much work (unsolvable CAPTCHAS) it is to put a reference it Wikipedia, maybe it is really worth considering to move this to the trusted SeqanswersWIKI site?

Best Wishes,
    Björn

Huge thanks for working on this Björn! Can you not just log in to WP to get round the captcha issue? Hmm... I see you have a user account... Do you still get this problem?

I see what you've been doing, collecting very detailed information about each assembly.... this is a huge amount of work! Thanks so much for what you've done here!

Instinctively, I think multiple columns are probably the way to go. It's a shame my (weak) efforts to get the MW developers to take SMW/SF seriously came to nothing, it would be great to be able to use forms to populate this data...

Is it worth looking at WikiData to help systematize this?

Many thanks again,
    Dan.
    Last edited by dan; 07-30-2013, 02:01 PM. Reason: I get confused between real and pseudo ;-)

Leave a comment:

• usad
    replied
    Hi Dan

considering how much work (unsolvable CAPTCHAS) it is to put a reference it Wikipedia, maybe it is really worth considering to move this to the trusted SeqanswersWIKI site?

Best Wishes,
    Björn

Leave a comment:

• usad
    replied
    on it now
    I have added different metrics for the completeness, maybe it is worthwile to split them up columnwise. well see for yourself
    (apple/papaya/cucumber)

next corn/ricinus/solanace/peach

Cheers
    b

Leave a comment:

• dan
    replied
    Please feel free to start work at any time ;-)

Leave a comment:

• usad
    replied
    Thanks, sure I will go ahead.

Leave a comment:

• dan
    replied
    Originally posted by chadn737 View Post
    I'm surprised nobody here mentioned Phytozome http://www.phytozome.net/
    Thanks for the reminder. There's a lot there that are missing actually! I was working through the list but it's slow going... Getting there though!

Cheers,

Leave a comment:

• chadn737
    replied
    I'm surprised nobody here mentioned Phytozome http://www.phytozome.net/

Leave a comment:

• dan
    replied
    Originally posted by Joann View Post
    How about adapting the SEQanswers/SEQwiki model by linking comments and discussion on the WP data back to SEQanswers forum?
    I'm not sure how the WP'dians would feel about that... You can ask them here:

Leave a comment:

• dan
    replied
    Originally posted by jimmybee View Post
    Absolutely. I'll populate some info tonight
    Column added... Fire away my friend!

Leave a comment:

• Joann
    replied
    Originally posted by dan View Post
    I'm starting to get 'not-on-my-wiki' syndrome and feel the desire to pull this into SEQwiki for ultimate control, but having it on WP is the most visible, and will hopefully keep the page most up to date. Later we can publish it as a review in PLoS ;-)
    How about adapting the SEQanswers/SEQwiki model by linking comments and discussion on the WP data back to SEQanswers forum?

Leave a comment:

• dan
    replied
    Also... anyone good with WikiData? We could put all figures in there:

Leave a comment:

• dan
    replied
    The original intention of the page was 'public and published', but I've relaxed it a bit to include some currently unpublished genomes (annotated with the year "2013?") and even a couple where the assembly isn't even public yet (private communication)...

You're right, we should annotate this clearly. At the very least I'm planning to add an 'ENA/BioProject' column with links to genome assemblies / bioprojects to make it absolutely clear when the assembly is public property.

Adding assembly methods and statistics (and version) would be great too...

About building one big table... Can we just cram the headers into the table design? Or should we have multiple classification columns? Whatever works I guess?

I'm starting to get 'not-on-my-wiki' syndrome and feel the desire to pull this into SEQwiki for ultimate control, but having it on WP is the most visible, and will hopefully keep the page most up to date. Later we can publish it as a review in PLoS ;-)

Cheers,

Leave a comment:

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Latest Developments in Precision Medicine
    by seqadmin

Technological advances have led to drastic improvements in the field of precision medicine, enabling more personalized approaches to treatment. This article explores four leading groups that are overcoming many of the challenges of genomic profiling and precision medicine through their innovative platforms and technologies.

Somatic Genomics
    “We have such a tremendous amount of genetic diversity that exists within each of us, and not just between us as individuals,”...
    05-24-2024, 01:16 PM
  • seqadmin
    Recent Advances in Sequencing Analysis Tools
    by seqadmin

The sequencing world is rapidly changing due to declining costs, enhanced accuracies, and the advent of newer, cutting-edge instruments. Equally important to these developments are improvements in sequencing analysis, a process that converts vast amounts of raw data into a comprehensible and meaningful form. This complex task requires expertise and the right analysis tools. In this article, we highlight the progress and innovation in sequencing analysis by reviewing several of the...
    05-06-2024, 07:48 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 05-24-2024, 07:15 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 05-23-2024, 10:28 AM
0 responses